12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 19th clipper

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap! 2" already? Looks like a band of heavy snow is developing along the front. Hope so, so far probably only 0.2" here (though snow really picking up), definitely more just to my north, though model qpf should qpf increasing the further south you go. We shall see. Then its onto tomorrow!

It was crazy.. really exploding in Macomb Cty right now. Hopefully it stays intense your way

I agree. Looks like the heaviest band looks to stay just north of here, at least going by radar trends.

Wow, so the HRRR shot from earlier may not be totally cooky. Whoever gets under that training band could get 3"+ if we've got that much already.

Just went out and shoveled...measured 1.5" on the pavement. Looks like we're done for right now...though there is development in eastern IA/western-central IL that looks like it could swing through later. Gonna be a "2-parter" I guess.

pretty wicked out. looks like 3" here will be a good bet. IWX had to feel the pressure on this. I realize it isn't any advisory type snow but with close to 3", the wind, and the very low visibilities the past couple hours, along with the rapid drop in temps (down to 22), sure seems more than a SWS event.

Nah, but always nice to see more reports.We should be able to tack on another half inch, maybe a bit more if one of those transient bands sets up overhead.

Okee-dokee then.

Agreed about the 0.5" to maybe more...assuming we get into good banding and the flake size remains good. It was quite the efficient snow this morning.

Was just out and about for lunch, and this seems about right (at least from eyeballing).

I wonder if that band in central IL will drop far enough south to ride over LAF.

I've been using PIA (on ILX's radar) as my benchmark...and the tail end has finally sagged south through there. Hopefully we can get some intensification as it swings through here. Flakes are starting up again...looking at radar...it's about go time for round 2.

Archived