joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19th clipper

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orientation of banding looking very good for LAF...3"?

I think the best will move just north of here. ILX radar not filling in to the west of CMI...and the big band south of Ottawa looks to move east instead of SE. Solid couple of tenths down already...snowing pretty good right now. 1-2" seems like a good bet.

Occassional lake effect snow burst. The flakes are small due to the wind and drier air, causing the visibility to go down.

It is almost like an Ice Fog when it is like that. It accumulates like a ski hill snow maker. At this point any snow is good for Winter Carney and snowmobiliers. The HR models are hinting at it getting pretty heavy later today too.

Ok, if you say so. :P

I'm not debbie downing it, trust me. :lol: Just reading the radars. Maybe I'm blind, but this doesn't look like it's a LAF bullseye (everything moving east or east-southeast). A good snowfall here...again...but the best will slide just to the north. Maybe I'll be wrong...we'll see. :D

It's gonna be close but I think you're right. :)

Wind on the increase here and temp beginning to drop.Snow lost a lot of the intensity from earlier but still looks nice for 2".

You'll do well. :)

Just went outside and measured an inch on the sidewalk here at work. Efficient little sucker.

One of those bands just moved thru in the Oakland County. Visibility was 1/4-1/3 of a mile. Pretty cool. The HRRR shows this forming a line and become really intense in Buffalo area. If the HRRR is correct the Buffalo area will have Visibilities ~1/8 of a mile with this intense line.

Yes. It was pretty insane on how hard it was snowing. Around or close to 2" so far

I'm not debbie downing it, trust me. :lol: Just reading the radars. Maybe I'm blind, but this doesn't look like it's a LAF bullseye (everything moving east or east-southeast). A good snowfall here...again...but the best will slide just to the north. Maybe I'll be wrong...we'll see. :D

I agree. Looks like the heaviest band looks to stay just north of here, at least going by radar trends.

You'll do well. :)

Just went outside and measured an inch on the sidewalk here at work. Efficient little sucker.

Wow, so the HRRR shot from earlier may not be totally cooky. Whoever gets under that training band could get 3"+ if we've got that much already.

Yes. It was pretty insane on how hard it was snowing. Around or close to 2" so far

Holy crap! 2" already? Looks like a band of heavy snow is developing along the front. Hope so, so far probably only 0.2" here (though snow really picking up), definitely more just to my north, though model qpf should qpf increasing the further south you go. We shall see. Then its onto tomorrow!

Archived