snowstormcanuck

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

349 PM EST THU JAN 19 2012

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0330 PM SNOW FRANKFORT 40.28N 86.51W

01/19/2012 M3.5 INCH CLINTON IN CO-OP OBSERVER

HEAVY SNOW AT TIME OF MEASUREMENT. APPROXIMATELY 1.5 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION OVER THE LAST HOUR.

0356 PM SNOW 5 SW LAFAYETTE 40.36N 86.94W

01/19/2012 M3.5 INCH TIPPECANOE IN CO-OP OBSERVER

TOTAL SNOW AMOUNT SINCE THIS MORNING. SNOW IS TAPERING

OFF.

0409 PM SNOW 2 NW WEST LAFAYETTE 40.47N 86.94W

SNOW HAS ENDED.

Neat. But if it was a tornado warning you'd already be dead. They need to cut out some of the filler (French would be at the top of my list).

The broadcast took ten minutes to active and three minutes for the english part with all the silent spaces so I cut it down to 1:20. And yeah the french needs to go...especially since it cycles like 10 minutes of english and 10 minutes of french. Takes way to long. Also, during the tornado warning last year it didn't even go off.

http://m.ctv.ca/tops...now-120119.html

The province's Special Investigations Unit is probing two deaths on Highway 402 on Thursday following a 25-vehicle pileup that included a police cruiser and two fire trucks.

The Sarnia collision scene closed the highway in the area as officials investigated the pile of cars, tanker trucks and emergency response vehicles that began crashing there shortly after 10 a.m. during whiteout conditions.

The crashes came in the eastbound lanes after snow began blowing across the stretch of highway east of Forrest Road, causing some cars to hit each other and others to skid into the ditch. One Ontario Provincial Police cruiser, two Warwick fire trucks and an emergency response vehicle were among those damaged, said a staff sergeant from the Lambton OPP.

[...]

Conditions are poor throughout southern Ontario, with visibility of less than a kilometre, in bursts of now, according to Environment Canada. The weather agency says winds are blowing at about 60 kilometres an hour, which can make for sudden and isolated visibility problems.

Crashes have also been reported in Chatham, and Highway 401 has been shut down in certain sections. London, Ont., has also closed some roads, as has Hamilton, where a section of the Lincoln Alexander Parkway has been shut down after multiple crashes.

Police are advising motorists throughout the region to drive with caution, or even better, just stay where they are.

0356 PM SNOW 5 SW LAFAYETTE 40.36N 86.94W

TOTAL SNOW AMOUNT SINCE THIS MORNING. SNOW IS TAPERING

OFF.

0409 PM SNOW 2 NW WEST LAFAYETTE 40.47N 86.94W

SNOW HAS ENDED.

Over performer. :)

Seems like there's a little more snow here in the yard, than work 3 miles north.

Oh and Creasy on the way home was a relative breeze. Two tracks for each lane. Much better than this morning. :D

Seems like there's a little more snow here in the yard, than work 3 miles north.

Oh and Creasy on the way home was a relative breeze. Two tracks for each lane. Much better than this morning. :D

Twyckenham was a bit nasty I got it a bit sideways coming around the bend to stop at 9th street. Stopped at 30 degree angle, but stopped it nonetheless.

these are typically the type of events that tend to over perform here in central OH. forecast is 1-2". I bet we see more snow out of this than we do with whatever comes thru tomorrow night.

ouch, where's the blushing smiley?

not sure we even hit an inch here today. I still stand by my prediction that it out performs whatever happens tomorrow night.

Ended up with 0.8" of powder today, actually more than I was expecting (0.06" water content, so overperformed a tad). Sucks that I was at work when the squall line went through. Very wintry with some drifts and all, bitter feeling outside right now. Nice to already have a light powder base ahead of more powder tomorrow!

Ended up with 0.8" of powder today, actually more than I was expecting (0.06" water content, so overperformed a tad). Sucks that I was at work when the squall line went through. Very wintry with some drifts and all, bitter feeling outside right now. Nice to already have a light powder base ahead of more powder tomorrow!

Base?

Lol

Glad you had an easy drive home.. hour and a half to get from Carmel to Lebanon. 65 was closed, so every other road was packed trying to get around it..

Archived