• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Advantages To A Snowless Winter

SNO

Ok many are ready to jump from a bridge now that the Mid-Atlantic snow fate is fairly certain. So it is time to list the positives of a warm and snowless winter...

1. You will not feel trapped and isolated when the plow can't get through your sub-division.

2. You will not need to do maintenance on your snow blower.

3. Those huge dirty snow plies that last all winter will not be an eye sore.

4. Carrying bags of ice melt will be a thing of the past.

5. Heart attacks and back issues will be down as less snow needs to be shoveled.

6. The countless hours spent tracking a storm can be avoided.

7. You can save money on your heating bills.

8. You will not need to go snowboarding since even the resorts will struggle to make snow.

9. Early spring means most will go out and exercise sooner.

10. Dressing in "layers" to stay warm can be avoided.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I still believe January 23-25 is best shot at snow for DC...but overall I-95 East is going to have a horrible winter...so it's best to look on the bright side.

Jan 23rd - 25th? Got it... I first had it as 24th - 27th, but I will change it on the calendar so I am prepared.

Any thoughts for north of DC?

Ok many are ready to jump from a bridge now that the Mid-Atlantic snow fate is fairly certain. So it is time to list the positives of a warm and snowless winter...

1. You will not feel trapped and isolated when the plow can't get through your sub-division.

5. Heart attacks and back issues will be down as less snow needs to be shoveled.

8. You will not need to go snowboarding since even the resorts will struggle to make snow.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

1. My neighborhood gets plowed before the snow has even ended.

2. I don't have one, I can shovel.

3. I like snow that sticks around.

4. I never use ice melt.

5. I'm not old.

6. That's part of the fun.

7. It's gonna be cold anyways.

8. Snowshoe has a good amount of snow.

9. I can go to the gym.

10. See 7

I disagree with your number 5 as weenie heart attacks will certainly go up dueto the high stress of no snow. The whole country sucks right now. We are having one of our worst winters ever here too. You would have to multiply the snow that has fallen here by a factor of 9 to get the snow that fell in just two weeks of our snowiest stretch last winter.

Personally, I have accepted that it may be a mild winter with less snow than usual (potentially a lot less). Leaving a restaurant after dinner last night, and going outside in 60-degree temperatures was actually pretty nice. Honestly, I'll take mild and snowless, over cold/windy/snowless every time. Snow is the only thing that makes a cold, windy winter bearable for me.

1. My neighborhood gets plowed before the snow has even ended.

2. I don't have one, I can shovel.

3. I like snow that sticks around.

4. I never use ice melt.

5. I'm not old.

6. That's part of the fun.

7. It's gonna be cold anyways.

8. Snowshoe has a good amount of snow.

9. I can go to the gym.

10. See 7

1. I'm usually out before the plows...I'm out even when the snow plows are called in

2. Don't own one. Excercise is better manually.

3. I never go to Malls, schools, or other areas where you see them.

4. I don't use Ice Melt...it's dumb. Sand a proper shoes are the way to go!

5. If you are too out of shape to use a shovel, than don't shovel!

6. I just read what the quality forecasters are saying. I am too busy getting ready to head out when the snow arrives.

7. I have PEPCO, so I get raped through the ass regardless of how much I save. I can reduce my consumption 70%, but only 10% comes off the bill.

8. Resorts around here might struggle....but out west they'll be good. Besides...I like to ski and want to try snowboarding.

9. You can get lots and lots of exercise during the winter. In fact I tend to do more. Shoveling, geocaching, etc. Spring and Summer is busy with around the house chores and projects.

10. "you can always put them on [layers], but you can't always take them off"

Personally, I have accepted that it may be a mild winter with less snow than usual (potentially a lot less). Leaving a restaurant after dinner last night, and going outside in 60-degree temperatures was actually pretty nice. Honestly, I'll take mild and snowless, over cold/windy/snowless every time. Snow is the only thing that makes a cold, windy winter bearable for me.

Yeah, as long as there is no chance for snow, keep giving me this mild weather. Screw cold and no snow. I still haven't even broken out my long-sleeved shirts or winter jacket yet. And the petunias on my front porch are still in full bloom, no joke. Don't get me wrong though--I still want snow.

Archived