Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
12/7-12/8 Potential Event Discussion Part II

earthlight

The Euro snowfall from Wunderground was overdone for our immediate area back

in October so I an guessing it will probably be warmer here than it's showing now.

Definetely. I was using it more for the actual precip falling fromt he sky. Doesnt mean it will stick at all.

But its a decent tool to get an idea of potential switchover time.

At this point, I'd be shocked if NYC area received more then a trace.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definetely. I was using it more for the actual precip falling fromt he sky. Doesnt mean it will stick at all.

But its a decent tool to get an idea of potential switchover time.

At this point, I'd be shocked if NYC area received more then a trace.

I understand. Hopefully there is still some precip leftover when the temps dip into the upper 30's Thursday before sunrise.

18z NAM definetely a bit colder then 12z for northern Jersey and NYC area.

Wraps around colder air as storm strengthens.

Would give the northern half of Jersey 1"-2" and snow maps, for the 1st time in 4-5 runs, even have a coating to 1" for NYC.

Although it was dissapointing seeing the models back away from the snowstorm in NE NJ, at this point I'll gladly take any back end light snow... who knows when it'll snow the next time.

Flooding appears to be a possible concern though especially for NYC and nearby places, models show nearly 2 inches of rain from tonight through Thursday morning. Mt. Holly already issued a flood watch, and I'd expect Upton to do so as well for the central and eastern parts of their area.

Although it was dissapointing seeing the models back away from the snowstorm in NE NJ, at this point I'll gladly take any back end light snow... who knows when it'll snow the next time.

Flooding appears to be a possible concern though especially for NYC and nearby places, models show nearly 2 inches of rain from tonight through Thursday morning. Mt. Holly already issued a flood watch, and I'd expect Upton to do so as well for the central and eastern parts of their area.

Went from a possible advisory level snowfall to floodwatches this winter should be awesome lol, is there going to be any wind with this event?

That's for sure.....I think december is pretty much lost this winter.........

The interesting thing is that two great Decembers in a row has been the max that we have been

able to achieve around here like we had in 09 and 10. By great I mean double digit snowfall for

the month. We lucked out getting this to happen so soon since 2002-2003. We had to go all the

way back to 1960 for the last occurrence.

http://www.erh.noaa....onsnowfall.html

Jeez the Nam looks awful. Get your boats ready.

did you need a model to tell you this? i guess so....

but learn your lesson for the next time we are in a hideous upper air pattern and the models spit out some snow.

and this isnt about being positive or negative for an upcoming event. its taking off the snow goggles and being objective at what it takes to get snow in nyc.

but learn your lesson for the next time we are in a hideous upper air pattern and the models spit out some snow.

and this isnt about being positive or negative for an upcoming event. its taking off the snow goggles and being objective at what it takes to get snow in nyc.

Give the guy a break, with Reyes gone, he knows the only thing that will be ice cold going into the Spring is the New York Mets.... :yikes:

:blahblah:

That's what you sound like.

Actually the Nam is a lot colder than the previous run and has more wraparound precip in the cold air.

I'm with you bro don't listen to anybody else. I wish I knew why people are still posting if this is a "non event." Log off and take a break then.

I'm with you bro don't listen to anybody else. I wish I knew why people are still posting if this is a "non event." Log off and take a break then.

Maybe I lack the enthusiasm of other members here but I won't be staying up until 2-4AM just to strain my eyes out the window to find non-sticking flakes under a street lamp. Meh.

Archived