joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing rain advisory this morning until 10 a.m... bleh. Nothing here as of 4 a.m. Looks like there is some freezing drizzle along the plateau and areas south. I hope it clears up... I have to drive to Springfield in a couple of hours.

Yep got one here but not a thing falling lol, is ok I hate freezing rain/drizzle anyhow....lets see springfield is 0-2 now haha. Its just spotty in nature it looks like. Weekend in new years looks iffy on temps during the day, might be a slop bag if anything...more bleh

It'll probably be rain after a bit of snow/sleet mixture. Timing issues though.

Yep the time when we get a chance for something it will be too warm lol, man can you tell im in the dumps! Winters suck anymore, time to move north or to alaska lol. Yea right if anything we are moving to fayetteville this summer...fingers crossed again

Surprise snow here in OKC! Drove to work with big, fluffy snowflakes falling to the ground. We've got a dusting to about a quarter inch of snow so far.

This tweet just popped up in my feed. I am surprised there isn't a WWA for the OKC area based on radar returns.

Heavy snowfall, Kilpatrick TPK. Roadway wet with areas of snow covere. Drive with caution.

I do think we will see some snow to start this next system and to wind it up with as it pulls out. I don't know that we will see huge accumulation, but it still could be more than some of us have seen so far this winter... especially north of I-44. I still have some concern about ice even though the models aren't really impressive with the warmer temps in the upper levels yet. We will see what adjustments they make in the coming runs. All in all... even if it just turns out to be primarily a rain event... that will be beneficial for our region, as we remain very dry.

Edit: I am not meaning to criticize... not my job at all, but has anyone else noticed some major discrepancies between forecasts/forecasters from SGF lately? It seems like they have been all over the board. For example, yesterday's freezing rain advisory for practically nothing and then no winter weather advisory for parts of the southern CWA from yesterday afternoon's snow even though roads were becoming tricky east of US 65? Not trying to start a bash fest or anything. It just seems odd...

I do think we will see some snow to start this next system and to wind it up with as it pulls out. I don't know that we will see huge accumulation, but it still could be more than some of us have seen so far this winter... especially north of I-44. I still have some concern about ice even though the models aren't really impressive with the warmer temps in the upper levels yet. We will see what adjustments they make in the coming runs. All in all... even if it just turns out to be primarily a rain event... that will be beneficial for our region, as we remain very dry.

Edit: I am not meaning to criticize... not my job at all, but has anyone else noticed some major discrepancies between forecasts/forecasters from SGF lately? It seems like they have been all over the board. For example, yesterday's freezing rain advisory for practically nothing and then no winter weather advisory for parts of the southern CWA from yesterday afternoon's snow even though roads were becoming tricky east of US 65? Not trying to start a bash fest or anything. It just seems odd...

Usually up this way I take their forecasts with a grain of salt, thats how bad it can be lol. I think thats why I primarily made an account here back in the day and on the previous website before this one. We got some really knowlegable people here and meteorologists on this board! Plus its always fun interacting with everyone here as well. So yep isnt nothing out of the norm for up this way when it comes to springfields forecasts, so far they are 0-2 up this way lol. Not trying to bash either but it is what it is and I just say it as I see it. They got the best job in the world, can get paid to be wrong and get away with it! I do understand though that sometimes these storms can be impossible to nail down cause of all the other factors involved that the models dont get right

I think the bigger surprise to me regarding the NWS forecast from both Springfield and Tulsa was that they never jumped ship once the models continued to trend south. It became apparent early Christmas morning that the models had a good grasp on the track and they still insisted that as long as you were south of 1-44 snow was still likely. Our local mets in NWA bounced around a bunch 1-2 prior but once the tracks started showing south they finally bailed on the idea that NWA and northward would see much, if any.

*scratches head*..... From my forecast.....

"Periods of rain and snow before noon, then periods of snow between noon and 3pm, then periods of rain and snow after 3pm"

So apparently it's going to be rain and snow in the morning... then for some reason it's going to switch to all snow between noon and 3 PM, then it's going to go back to rain and snow after 3 pm?

*scratches head*..... From my forecast.....

"Periods of rain and snow before noon, then periods of snow between noon and 3pm, then periods of rain and snow after 3pm"

So apparently it's going to be rain and snow in the morning... then for some reason it's going to switch to all snow between noon and 3 PM, then it's going to go back to rain and snow after 3 pm?

Mines basically the same, its just weird and stupid as usual....will wait once again and nowcast probly and just see what happens. Forecast is all over the place and probly will continue this way, I dont know but guess I will joina ya on the "scatching the head part" lol

Archived