joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MoWeatherGuy heres a few small videos I took earlier when that sleet was coming down, did this with that slow motion mode on my camcorder. Anyone can watch these if they want. I just wish it was during the daytime it would probably have been a lot neater, you can see the sleet bouncing in slow motion....is a pretty cool feature this camcorder can do.

Those are pretty cool Whiteout. You can really tell the slo-mo effect of the one with the sleet bouncing off your hand.

Thanks, yea the one where they were bouncing off my hand showed up a bit better....I think had it been daylight out it would have been alot neater. Looks like precip has ended here now what about down that way? Never did see one flake of snow here lol like springfield mentioned and called for 1-2". Roads are a complete sheet of ice now as temps have really plummeted.

Now according to the 12z NAM there will be a potent snow maker for, you guessed it, the same areas that have seen it already this winter - north central and NE Arkansas and all of SE MO.

BTW this NAM solution has no support from any of the other global models, except for a few of the GFS ensemble members. We'll see what 12z today brings from them.

Edit: Still suppressed on the 12z GFS today. Worlds apart from the NAM of course.

And nothing cooking on the 12z Euro today, either so I'm willing to bet this is a no go.

Now according to the 12z NAM there will be a potent snow maker for, you guessed it, the same areas that have seen it already this winter - north central and NE Arkansas and all of SE MO.

BTW this NAM solution has no support from any of the other global models, except for a few of the GFS ensemble members. We'll see what 12z today brings from them.

Edit: Still suppressed on the 12z GFS today. Worlds apart from the NAM of course.

And nothing cooking on the 12z Euro today, either so I'm willing to bet this is a no go.

Yea man I dont buy anything that the nam sells, its been doing crap. I think the ecmwf does pretty well but all the model maps I have for that I cant read. It just dont make sense to my brain yet lol, Im still learning though. I see springfields disco. mentioned the same thing you did with a potent storm for wed night thursday timeframe but they arent buying into it yet, something to watch maybe? Keep us updated...on a sidenote it was downright cold out last night, got down to 5.6 degrees here!!!!!

12z Euro is very cold in the extended with multiple Arctic blasts. Not sure if there will be any systems though, but with airmasses that cold, you usually do get at least some flurries/snow showers from time to time.

My hope is these arctic air masses don't scour everything all the way to the gulf and instead set-up a good boundary around our latitude for systems to ride along. In other words hope they are not as strong as advertised. We need a good split flow to get going in that situation.

I am completely shocked at how this winter has gone! I was sure this winter would be nothing like last year, but it reality, it has been much worse!  Tulsa has yet to see any snow, yet Dallas is looking at having another minor event.  I say we just move onto Spring:(

Archived