Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Nov. 22nd/23rd Severe Threat

andyhb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just said things have been known to blow up before. That;s why things need to be watched still. It's not a guarantee. Chill. You just seem to enjoy being a jerk to me for whatever reason.

Take it to banter guys, stop mucking up our ongoing marginal QLCS event tonight...

SPC meso craven/brooks numbers, matches up pretty well with most of the other svr parameters, linear in nature, primarily a +wind and RN threat for the overnight.

post-382-0-98582200-1322014846.jpg

Well, I got myself under a tornado warning tonite...there were not but a handful issued, but one was me. Had to say...same fear, same precautions as Apr 27....whether it is a high risk or a rogue little storm...YIKES!! Thankfully,no wind damage and the circulation remained aloft....very odd though...Glen Burns on Channel 2 Atlanta showed the reflectivity mode and the circulation was right where we had an EF1 tornado Apr27th....How wierd is that ...I know because it is just a couple of miles from my house.....Very soon I will be able to track these little boogers myself....Hubby getting me Grlevel3 for Christmas....So what happens if I get a new laptop this spring? Can I transfer it over to the new computer?? This would be good to know....current laptop is 5 years old....and a little slow.

..Hubby getting me Grlevel3 for Christmas....So what happens if I get a new laptop this spring? Can I transfer it over to the new computer?? This would be good to know....current laptop is 5 years old....and a little slow.

Yes you can transfertot over to a new computer. Just keep your registration code in a safe place. I'm still using my original one from years ago. I actually felt guilty after several years and offered to buy the program again. Was told there was no need. Its a great program.

Here we go again for Cleveland county:

The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...

western Catawba County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

this includes the city of Newton...

northern Cleveland County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

western Lincoln County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

this includes the city of Lincolnton...

east central Rutherford County in western North Carolina...

* until 1145 PM EST

* at 1051 PM EST... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a

severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado near

Ellenboro... or 12 miles west of Shelby... moving northeast at 35

mph.

* Locations impacted include...

Polkville and Kingstown...

Lawndale and Casar...

Belwood and Fallston...

Cooksville...

Vale...

Lincolnton...

Storm stats:

Cleveland County, NC

Tornadic Thunderstorm

55 dBZ

Hail: 0%

Top: 14,000 ft.

VIL: 14 kg/m²

New event. Tornado Warning from 11/22/2011 10:54 PM to 11:45 PM EST for Cleveland County, Linco... Read more at http://t.co/g0vpwNrm

@wxbrad

This cell just went over my house about 10 mins ago. It only had a sws with winds of 30-40mph attached to it. Winds gusted to maybe 30, but had no idea it would get a TW after moveing off to the NE from my location !

I live 3 miles west of Ellenboro.

Here we go again for Cleveland county:

The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...

western Catawba County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

this includes the city of Newton...

northern Cleveland County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

western Lincoln County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...

this includes the city of Lincolnton...

east central Rutherford County in western North Carolina...

* until 1145 PM EST

* at 1051 PM EST... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a

severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado near

Ellenboro... or 12 miles west of Shelby... moving northeast at 35

mph.

* Locations impacted include...

Polkville and Kingstown...

Lawndale and Casar...

Belwood and Fallston...

Cooksville...

Vale...

Lincolnton...

Storm stats:

Cleveland County, NC

Tornadic Thunderstorm

55 dBZ

Hail: 0%

Top: 14,000 ft.

VIL: 14 kg/m²

One of those girls went to the high school I work at.

Best circulation I've seen in a long time today right over Ellenboro, which is where

my brother was a student pastor over the Summer. The town already lost

twin girls to straight-line winds this year, so hopefully this is not a tornado at the moment.

Statement as of 12:17 AM EST on November 23, 2011

... The Tornado Warning for Surry County is cancelled...

The tornado threat for the warned area has ended. The thunderstorm

producing the tornado has weakened.

Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... TV or your local new source for

the latest weather information. Report any severe weather or storm

related damage to local law enforcement officials and ask them to

immediately relay the report to the National Weather Service in

Blacksburg.

RT @GazetteDiane: Just heard a tornado touched down near Shelby. We're still under a warning in Lincoln and Cleveland counties.

Sure did brian!!!!

I had to go to bed early last night, but was awakened by the high winds. Did you find out if this was a touchdown? I didn't see it yet, but did see the warnings issued. Wow what a year for this county. The most number of TOR warnings ever in a year I'm sure. 2 confirmed this year, and I think 7 or 8 confirmed in the last 7 or 8 years total. Rainfall was just .13"

It is true that what looks like junk in Tennessee can get new life in North Carolina. This was in the back of my mind when I faded both TN and NC, but a few good looking kidney beans in fact scraped southern NC. A previous post by Gastonwxman shows the radar image.

Local TV mets around here are making it seem like it won't be that bad around here tonight, which makes me worry because it's supposed to come in overnight when people are sleeping. These things can blow up once they get here.

Research and scholarly papers are hard to find regarding this NC phenomenon, but the Denver Cyclone is easy to find. The mechanism is similar; lee of mountains cyclonic flow. Keep in mind the relief of the Apps from floor to peak is the similar of that to the Rockys front range despite the latter's elevation. Air flowing over the mountains tends to curve cyclonically on the lee of the range. It increases the ability for thunderstorms to rotate. Closer to the surface you also get more backed winds, increasing low level shear. Over here the Cumberland Plateau and Tenn Apps can tear up a line; then, on the NC side the storms can quickly strengthen. I faded it yesterday, but sure enough the mountain effect came through. Looks like no tornado reports but the storms did strengthen that NC side of the Apps.

It is true that what looks like junk in Tennessee can get new life in North Carolina. This was in the back of my mind when I faded both TN and NC, but a few good looking kidney beans in fact scraped southern NC. A previous post by Gastonwxman shows the radar image.

Research and scholarly papers are hard to find regarding this NC phenomenon, but the Denver Cyclone is easy to find. The mechanism is similar; lee of mountains cyclonic flow. Keep in mind the relief of the Apps from floor to peak is the similar of that to the Rockys front range despite the latter's elevation. Air flowing over the mountains tends to curve cyclonically on the lee of the range. It increases the ability for thunderstorms to rotate. Closer to the surface you also get more backed winds, increasing low level shear. Over here the Cumberland Plateau and Tenn Apps can tear up a line; then, on the NC side the storms can quickly strengthen. I faded it yesterday, but sure enough the mountain effect came through. Looks like no tornado reports but the storms did strengthen that NC side of the Apps.

I think this needs repeating for some folks on here.

Archived