• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say..I am putting little stock in the Euro weeklies/monthlies, yearlies, decadlies..whatever...they were pretty bad last winter and so far have proved even worse this autumn. it wasn't long ago when they showed a cold ,promising pattern setting up for Thanksgiving week and beyond..I used to think they were decent..but in reality they're not

I have to say..I am putting little stock in the Euro weeklies/monthlies, yearlies, decadlies..whatever...they were pretty bad last winter and so far have proved even worse this autumn. it wasn't long ago when they showed a cold ,promising pattern setting up for Thanksgiving week and beyond..I used to think they were decent..but in reality they're not

euro is very overrated and definitely has a warm bias.

And so have model ensembles. The fact that they all have lost blocking in the last few weeks tells us that the pattern is very hostile right now. Hopefully that changes in a few weeks.

As DT used to say when he didn't agree with a model depiction...."It's carp"

Haha

It's been said a couple times in this thread, but you really can't get too nit picky in November when it comes to viable snow threats for the area. We've already had one major snowstorm (pre-November for that matter!) The fact that we can even discuss potential snow threats at this early stage in a hostile pattern is uplifting.

12z GFS kind of lost the more interesting threat for Tuesday of next week. We'll have to see what the 12z EURO does, but I wouldn't get too ancy over it seeing that its 180 hours out in la-la land. Give this threat another couple days and get inside 120hr, then we can talk.

Many have already had a white Halloween...can we make it 2-2 with Tday?

Archived