Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm stuck wearing long pants/ sleeves at work. FML!

Gorgeous weather. I hope some of the resorts (ski places) try and throw down a base in December some time. Not looking great right now though.

One good cold snap and the smaller (Pocono) resorts can make a fast turn-around. The larger New England resorts I think need a more sustained cold to cover that much terrian. Just mho.

Good thing some of our subforum saw snow already way back in October, otherwise there would be weenie-riots due to rain and 60s here and snow falling 1000 miles southwest of here. :snowman:

Or maybe the maturity level in this subforum exceeds some of the others. Of course if we roll like this into January, it may be another story...

66, torrential rain just started.

Noticed the Forsythias in my yard are reblooming. Only about 25% of the shrubs, but yellow flowers clearly visibile.

Haha i just mentioned the other day at seeing the honey bee's back at work like its a normal time of the year thing for them pollinating the rose bushes and some tree's and other flowers and weeds that have sprung up bigtime. The honey bee's are very confused but arent being violent yet which is weird. My rose bushes are in regular Spring Like conditions. Amazing, and i saw some budding on the Swamp maples in my next door neighbors yard which still is shedding its leaves.

Especially if the GFS teases with snow and takes it away.

But whats worse than the GFS taking it away is when the snow/rain line is forecasted to be five miles to the north of you on all the models or a winter storm warning for 18 inches and blowing and drifting has been issued and you are south of the warned area and only end up with sleet and freezing rain. I see the "Snow Occupy" protest for snow weenies at Mt. Holly if no snow has fallen by new years.guitar.gifposter_stupid.gif

Or maybe the maturity level in this subforum exceeds some of the others. Of course if we roll like this into January, it may be another story...

Maybe the board can go into Torch Mode if we hit a long dry spell. I don't think we'll have too much of a problem in here with the exception of new, "how much for philly?" posters...

I'm with the maturity crowd (in that I think this subforum's members are just more mature)... people here realize that one, sometimes snow comes late and two, after the last two winters no one should really complain about a crappy winter if that is what happens.

Unless you were on the wrong side of the sharp cut-offs (I-81 corridor). :P

But whats worse than the GFS taking it away is when the snow/rain line is forecasted to be five miles to the north of you on all the models or a winter storm warning for 18 inches and blowing and drifting has been issued and you are south of the warned area and only end up with sleet and freezing rain. I see the "Snow Occupy" protest for snow weenies at Mt. Holly if no snow has fallen by new years.guitar.gifposter_stupid.gif

Well the lone upside to this is that Anne Hathaway (forecaster 99) is willing to sign autographs for the occupiers:

http://www.americanw...ost__p__1050438

Classic anna front on the 18z GFS can not remember the last time one occurred here Maybe some here knows. Anyhow next precipitation event looks to be next week for sure just have to work out how big strong and according to the GFS which for now I am taking with a gain of salt maybe even a few flakes. should be interesting to see what the models show as time goes on. An anna front would be the best chance for anyone in the area to see flakes in this pattern the PNA NAO and AO are all terrible right now for snow.

Just some random IMBY weenie observations ...

1) My lawn hasn't looked this lush and green since May.

2) The squirrels in my neighborhood are thin. In fact, I threw some leftover rolls from Thanksgiving out into the yard the other day and the squirrels couldn't be bothered with them. It's as if they were saying, "Food? We're not worried about gathering food this fall."

Archived