Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with the maturity crowd (in that I think this subforum's members are just more mature)... people here realize that one, sometimes snow comes late and two, after the last two winters no one should really complain about a crappy winter if that is what happens.

this...and in perspective (and yeah, I know Trenton was screwed then) but 08-09 wasn't a terrible winter compared to many winters we've had...had a good deal of cold...just not a ton of snow.

Haha i just mentioned the other day at seeing the honey bee's back at work like its a normal time of the year thing for them pollinating the rose bushes and some tree's and other flowers and weeds that have sprung up bigtime. The honey bee's are very confused but arent being violent yet which is weird. My rose bushes are in regular Spring Like conditions. Amazing, and i saw some budding on the Swamp maples in my next door neighbors yard which still is shedding its leaves.

Yup, December 1st, rose bushes with a few blooms, Forsythias with some blooms, Hyanthis and a few other bulbs poking out of the ground again. I also have two pots of pansys outside and they look like they are in their glory. :arrowhead:

Yup, December 1st, rose bushes with a few blooms, Forsythias with some blooms, Hyanthis and a few other bulbs poking out of the ground again. I also have two pots of pansys outside and they look like they are in their glory. :arrowhead:

adding a water logged sponge soaked yard with sitting water in many areas.

good thing we don't have mosquitoes anymore because they would be in heaven!

adding a water logged sponge soaked yard with sitting water in many areas.

good thing we don't have mosquitoes anymore because they would be in heaven!

they'd prob. be the size of hummingbirds. :)

The yard is an absolute mess, i had the mower out prior to the rain a few days back and it would just sink a good 1-2 inches into the mud and spin its tires. I'd like one more mowing before shutting things down for the season.....not sure when it happens though.

Currently 48 with a gusty north wind.

Saw on the local news last evening that PennDot has some new snow removal equipment in eastern PA. They will be using a tow plow which is a trailer with a plow on one side along with tanks to apply salt/brine. This will allow them to do the job with one truck instead of two on multi-lane highways. I bet it would be fun to drive one of these things.

For sure now it will not snow this winter in our area! ;)

post-434-0-27223400-1322827617.jpg

Saw on the local news last evening that PennDot has some new snow removal equipment in eastern PA. They will be using a tow plow which is a trailer with a plow on one side along with tanks to apply salt/brine. This will allow them to do the job with one truck instead of two on multi-lane highways. I bet it would be fun to drive one of these things.

For sure now it will not snow this winter in our area! ;)

Ouch! Winter cancel.

Yup, December 1st, rose bushes with a few blooms, Forsythias with some blooms, Hyanthis and a few other bulbs poking out of the ground again. I also have two pots of pansys outside and they look like they are in their glory. arrowheadsmiley.png

I just picked some broccoli raab and lettuce, at least they are cold weather greens.

Chances are the suppressed models are overdoing the PV but even then some this will be a rain event. Not saying this can't be suppressed cause yes it can. we have seen times where the models going stronger with a pv happens and we have seen other times where it is a model error. one must proceed with caution when seeing this even in the worst patterns. In this case the timing of energy means a lot.

For whatever it is worth the SREF ensembles tonight are even more held back with the energy if it was to happen the PV would do its

thing then a nasty rain storm would occur.

f87.gif

1. It is only Saturday night

2. The model have been flip flopping a lot the past several days.

3. First of all we got disagreement on the timing of the energy. second of fall throw a PV in the mix and you got disaster the models tend to have issues with both features.

4. Would like to see multiple run consistency on the models before I believe anything.

We can see some even in this pattern, but we shouldn't be expecting it. We at least have the cold going forward, and the 18z GFS showed storms CAN follow.

Of course you can get snow in any pattern some pattern you will see more snow then others and the odds are better in others. But here in this set up for this week things would have to be perfect. Just way to many things to work out before we get to the fine details which is what snow falls under.

Archived