joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Not so Boring

Ginx snewx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually welcome the opportunity to get a good rainstorm to wash off all the salt on the roads. The snow is now 95% gone, so I won't feel bad about rain washing away snow. The road crews went absolutely crazy with the salt around here. It seems like they do this every year during the first frozen/freezing precip event for whatever reason.

Novie is usually not a very interesting month weatherwise, so a good rain and wind would actually break up the monotony. It's just that this year we happen to get a 1 in a 100+ year pre-Halloween snowbomb, spoiling some people.

There are indicators of a colder pattern setting as we head toward Turkey Day, but it will a tough process. While the NAO is progged to go negative by mid-month, the PNA will remain negative as well. These are two competing signals that would favor a SWFE type pattern as we head into the latter part of Novie into December, potentially setting up the tight snow gradient winter that some on here have forecast.

I'd actually welcome the opportunity to get a good rainstorm to wash off all the salt on the roads. The snow is now 95% gone, so I won't feel bad about rain washing away snow. The road crews went absolutely crazy with the salt around here. It seems like they do this every year during the first frozen/freezing precip event for whatever reason.

Novie is usually not a very interesting month weatherwise, so a good rain and wind would actually break up the monotony. It's just that this year we happen to get a 1 in a 100+ year pre-Halloween snowbomb, spoiling some people.

There are indicators of a colder pattern setting as we head toward Turkey Day, but it will a tough process. While the NAO is progged to go negative by mid-month, the PNA will remain negative as well. These are two competing signals that would favor a SWFE type pattern as we head into the latter part of Novie into December, potentially setting up the tight snow gradient winter that some on here have forecast.

great post.

Interesting trough passage around D7 nonetheless likely to start the cooling process...

Flow over the deep S and SE somewhat compressible, evidenced by weak balanced mid level gradient prior to trough entering the region.

Don't worry modles will pick it up by 12z next Thursday if something is going to cut off. The WC ridge flattening maybe the killer. It is nice looking at 120hrs and then gets squished.

a 2 day cool down to 40's for highs and then another torch

Never good when there is a beast trough in the San Diego Area.... Other than that, temps actually look seasonable on the 18z GFS Through 144

Thats a pretty potent vort max on the 18z GFS at hour 144

I'm liking that setup around day 10-12 on the GFS... Almost looks like a weak -NAO is developing with a trough coming into the east and a lot of gulf moisture.

Archived