• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
trailcam pics 2

shaggy

Wow bears! I've only ever seen one once (in NH). Some of those bears look a lot bigger than the bear I saw which was no bigger than a large retriever (bulkier of course).

No bears here but for a while there were deer in the yard every night when I came home eating the fallen apples. Lately there has been a skunk hanging out on the lawn near where I park my car. And last night there was an opossum.

Cool shots of the bears!

When I lived in the rockies the bears would dumpster dive in the winter. One night I was walking through my parking lot by the dumpster and thought "wow, that is a really big dog....oh sh!t!....time to gtfo of here!". I was only 10 feet away and it scared the crap out of me.

Man thats a tight group of does. You could kill 3-4 with one shot they are so close lol.

That doe on the left is in heat and there had to be a buck close by i'm sure.

Gotta pic of this buck the other night and he has been torn up in a fight. Got a huge gash and a big tag of hide ripped almost all the way off. My guess is another deers antler gouged his neck during a fight.

MDGC0004-3.jpg

MDGC0005.jpg

MDGC0003-1-1.jpg

Gonna have some good pics tomorrow and i'm starting an OT thread with videos from todays incident

:popcorn:

Sounds good shaggy, can't wait to here what this episode is about...

Edit: Just saw the OT video, bear season over? Would have been a cub without a troop leader! Awesome shots man, think I may move it over here if you want, keep it from getting lost in the OT sauce.

:popcorn:

Sounds good shaggy, can't wait to here what this episode is about...

Edit: Just saw the OT video, bear season over? Would have been a cub without a troop leader! Awesome shots man, think I may move it over here if you want, keep it from getting lost in the OT sauce.

At one point that bear stood up on its hind legs just in front of my trailcam so hopefully it got a shot of that. I'll pull the card tomorrow just wasn't gonna do it tonight with that bear hanging around.

• 2 weeks later...

wow- beautiful, but poor guy. The timestamp seems to indicate a sequence that is not encouraging.

Those coyotes are HUGE! Doubt our Western ones out here (prob 30% smaller) could do that much damage. They eat mostly voles, though I imagine a fawn or small doe would be a possibility. There is a herd in the state park near our house with a 14-pointer that would make short work of most of our local coyotes.

• 9 months later...

Archived