• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
trailcam pics 2

shaggy

Great pics. I think a couple of the "girls" are button bucks.

Button bucks are rarely privileged to hang out with does like that. Trust me, I screwed up and shot a small button buck a few years ago. My uncle asked if it was alone and I said "yes". This guy has literally 250+ deer kills under his belt and he told me that he never sees the button bucks in a herd.

Button bucks are rarely privileged to hang out with does like that. Trust me, I screwed up and shot a small button buck a few years ago. My uncle asked if it was alone and I said "yes". This guy has literally 250+ deer kills under his belt and he told me that he never sees the button bucks in a herd.

Maybe it's different in the Northeast. I've taken 3 button bucks over my years in Maine. The first was in snowcovered thick stuff, and while I actually saw no other deer, tracks in the fresh snow suggested several had been close by. The second was running with an adult doe, presumably the mother. She sprinted by (both were jumped by another, unseen, hunter) at an impossible shooting angle; he tripped in brush and ended up broadside at 60 yards. Since the season had only 2 more days, I took the shot. #3 button was one of 3 anterless deer in a string, the 2nd largest - probably an adult doe and a doe fawn were the other 2. Of course, my small sample size proves little, though it might knock a chip off of "never.".

well your uncle is wrong, i see them with the does all the time

Couple of videos from this mornings opening day hunt the deer on our lease are pretty dumb/use to seeing farmers and vehicles and you can tell. Also the wind was pretty strong in my face so she couldnt wind me and that is why this entire encounter ended up like it did. The second video is pretty much the moments immediately following the end of the first video, its kinda shaky cause A) it was windy and B) I am holding the phone in one hand and getting the rifle ready in the other and then looking down the scope then back to the phone as I was pretty sure I wasnt gonna shoot em

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived