• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV snow event part 4

Hoosier

If the 0z confirms, that will be the celery salt...then it's a loaded dog.

Chicago style weenie jokes aside. I'm excited by the run and slow shifts south throughout the day, but the idea of south and stronger is a hard pill to swallow. I can't imagine the shallow snow packing would have that much influence.

Agreed. After the northward trends the past couple days, I had accepted the miss. still felt like this had a couple suprises left and it would be interesting for our area, but didn't expect a watch with 6-10" and poss more. Still remaining cautious, however.

I have been hurt before :rolleyes:

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Skilling Update:

Our in-house work puts average precip acrs multiple runs of 8 models at 0.62"--58% as snow which fluffs up into 14 to 1 ratio snow. That produces 4-6" of system snow. 20 hours of lake enhancement cud add up to 5" addnl inches some lakeside areas. So early thinking here is: 4-6" west suburbs; potentially 6+" city & lakeside counties Sat nite into Sun nite. Hvy lake snow to cont into Mon IN/MI snowbelts.

Tom Skilling Update:

Our in-house work puts average precip acrs multiple runs of 8 models at 0.62"--58% as snow which fluffs up into 14 to 1 ratio snow. That produces 4-6" of system snow. 20 hours of lake enhancement cud add up to 5" addnl inches some lakeside areas. So early thinking here is: 4-6" west suburbs; potentially 6+" city & lakeside counties Sat nite into Sun nite. Hvy lake snow to cont into Mon IN/MI snowbelts.

Skilling slowly ramping up. I'm riding my 2-5 call but will be re-evaluating at 0z.

Tom Skilling Update:

Alek will like thisthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Tom Skilling Update:

It's storms like these where he has earned his rep. Keep in mind his forecast is the same now as when the model consensus showed it thorough the Ohio Valley and when it had it going thorough southern Wisconsin. Will see if his consistency pays off....

Archived