e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
12z Model Thread 12/8

Alpha5

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

back to the rich getting richer...syracuse has recorded a 4 day total of 56.2 in and its still snowing, with 6-10 expected today and another 6-10 tn. I was there 4 years and have been following there weather since I graduated and this is something I've never seen before. This is already roughly half of their seasonal avg (115in). Pretty incredible

TWC just reported that it snowed for 95 hours and 10 minutes straight before taking a break for 30 minutes. Then the snowfall started up again. Insane.

TWC just reported that it snowed for 95 hours and 10 minutes straight before taking a break for 30 minutes.  Then the snowfall started up again.  Insane.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if we want a sure thing in terms of snowfall and snowcover under all indicies and no matter what the climate-- we need to move to the lakes region of upstate NY.  Either the towns south of Buffalo or around Syracuse or Watertown-- that way youre guaranteed to always have snow-- even when the rest of the region is under an area of high pressure, cold and dry-- they will always have snow on the ground or falling, thanks to lake effect.

here are the 12z indiv ens runs a lot of eye candy in these runs, still shows things can change for the better or the worse. T0 my count it looks like 7 or 8 of the tracks bring some snow to the region

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/ENSPRSNE_12z/ensprsloopmref.html

Some of those are very impressive. It's def. interesting to see this transforming signal amongst guidance. It seems like a handful of those are partially phasing, while another few are redeveloping a secondary on the front and moving it northwest. There are still a few way inland as well.

Some of those are very impressive. It's def. interesting to see this transforming signal amongst guidance. It seems like a handful of those are partially phasing, while another few are redeveloping a secondary on the front and moving it northwest. There are still a few way inland as well.

Quite the spread indeed...I think the models are having some difficulty handling the left behind energy near the SC coast

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if we want a sure thing in terms of snowfall and snowcover under all indicies and no matter what the climate-- we need to move to the lakes region of upstate NY. Either the towns south of Buffalo or around Syracuse or Watertown-- that way youre guaranteed to always have snow-- even when the rest of the region is under an area of high pressure, cold and dry-- they will always have snow on the ground or falling, thanks to lake effect.

I would strongly agree if there were some serviceable mountains up in that area (watertown/Buffalo). I would prefer somewhere around Lake Placid or central/northern Vt where they benefit a bit from the lake effect and still cash in on some of the coastals. Either way, I wish I was in any one of those places right now.

Archived