Newest Member
    EWR757
12z Model Thread 12/8

Alpha5

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Just after 114/115, that's actually a decent amount of moisture coming through. this could be a few inches for the big cities, solid hit for burbs.

114 hours is very close to a snowstorm for the big city suburbs....and every flips over at 117 hours.

111 hours the surface low basically tracks up the NJ shore over Brooklyn and then north into New England. That's a pretty big east trend right there, boys.

Indeed, keep it coming, 50-100 miles more east (maybe even SE?) and we're golden (or in this case white, lol :snowman: ), but how many times have we said that over the years lol. Let's hope for the best!

111 hours the surface low basically tracks up the NJ shore over Brooklyn and then north into New England. That's a pretty big east trend right there, boys.

How far south do the wraparound snows get? Sounds like that the cold air rushes in behind as the low moves by, changing everything over to wet snow

That's perfect track for Upstate E NY...BGM ... a little more east and E PA/NW NJ are in and a bit more and NYC could be game.

Assuming Philly and NYC switch at around hour 114, the only precip we get is this:

thats not right... i have 3 hrs increments on here and between hr 114-117, .1-.25 falls from northern delaware north. with .25-.5 from lancaster to abe and lancaster to selinsgrove north. nyc may get shafted a little more do to the low placement being closer, but they atleast see .1 in qpf

thats not right... i have 3 hrs increments on here and between hr 114-117, .1-.25 falls from northern delaware north. with .25-.5 from lancaster to abe and lancaster to selinsgrove north

I'll verify this for you on meteostar around noon. But for some reason, it seems the graphics have been underdone with precip since the upgrade. I don't know why.

thats not right... i have 3 hrs increments on here and between hr 114-117, .1-.25 falls from northern delaware north. with .25-.5 from lancaster to abe and lancaster to selinsgrove north. nyc may get shafted a little more do to the low placement being closer, but they atleast see .1 in qpf

Thank you for that clarification. I knew it did not look right based on what has been described.

Should've said NYC.

are the numbers down from yesterday? It seems that way to me

per the gfs phl gets 2-4 on backlash at hr 114-120

It looks more like .1-.2 l.e. to me after a switch to frozen, but that's splitting hairs. With temps plummeting that would quickly switch the rainy ugliness to a wintry scene. At the very least it's nice to have a backup plan to hope for if we don't get the whole thing.

But for good wraparound I want a more consolidated mid-level center where the surface low doesn't shoot so far and fast northward (maybe something like the 6z dgex). I want to be NW of BGM for this one.

Archived