joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be much egg on the proverbial faces if this happens. The tv mets here have been showing possible storm tracks and model paths for the last two days, pegging the "big one". Fo me, I like being a novice at winter weather, it means I don't have to get to excited until day 2-3.

It was just a thought.

While unlikely in this case, it has happened before and can happen again (snowstormcanuck knows, lol...).

Tombo saying at 120 there's a sub 992 just west of SYR. Prime track for Toronto for heavy snow. Second night in a row I get to go to bed on a good note.

This will be a major news story in the next few days. Also, I *think* the forecasted track could be similar to the massive blizzard that shut down Toronto on December 11/12th, 1944 with 23" of snow. A primary low going to Ohio with a secondary reforming in around BGM/SYR.

This will be a major news story in the next few days. Also, I *think* the forecasted track could be similar to the massive blizzard that shut down Toronto on December 11/12th, 1944 with 23" of snow. A primary low going to Ohio with a secondary reforming in around BGM/SYR.

Ugh, I hope not. These big snowstorms are so unusual for us it's best to downplay the potential until say within in 72 hours. But I know Farnell will be out there tomorrow at 6pm spewing out amounts.

Ok, gotta get a few hours sleep before the 6z runs.

Archived