joxey
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM 96hr precip type. :lmao::arrowhead:

I_nw_g1_EST_2010120800_096.png

Notice that enhanced QPF from southern WI through far northern MI. I believe that's frontogenetic enhance precip indicating where the arctic front is (ie cold air north and west of that line). So it sort of makes sense that temps are marginal to the south.

On the other hand, GFS isn't showing any of the p-type problems the GGEM is. Actually, I think warm boundary layer temps is a GGEM bias.

Notice that enhanced QPF from southern WI through far northern MI. I believe that's frontogenetic enhance precip indicating where the arctic front is (ie cold air north and west of that line). So it sort of makes sense that temps are marginal to the south.

On the other hand, GFS isn't showing any of the p-type problems the GGEM is. Actually, I think warm boundary layer temps is a GGEM bias.

That's probably our main culprit here.

Unfortuantely the temperature maps haven't come out yet, so we have a wait a little while longer to verify this.

What I hope isn't happening (and I still somewhat fear this scenario) is that we're unraveling back to the point where we initially started where there was virtually no storm (or a very weak supressed one) or phase.

On the other hand, we are in the time frame when the models tend to do their crazy SE trend then adjust back northward.

What I hope isn't happening (and I still somewhat fear this scenario) is that we're unraveling back to the point where we initially started where there was virtually no storm (or a very weak supressed one) or phase.

On the other hand, we are in the time frame when the models tend to do their crazy SE trend then adjust back northward.

i thought about this too....a trend to no phase and basically a non event. But still, what the ukie is doing is totally different

There will be much egg on the proverbial faces if this happens. The tv mets here have been showing possible storm tracks and model paths for the last two days, pegging the "big one". Fo me, I like being a novice at winter weather, it means I don't have to get to excited until day 2-3.

Archived