amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon guys, let's not turn this into a region vs. region flame war. I'll back up jbcmh81 a little as I saw a couple posts which stated a belief that the storm would trend back hard NW but had little evidence to back them up. They were from newbies I believe. You don't have to have a met's credentials, but if you make an assertion, even some rudimentary explanation to back it up would be nice.

I missed the Canadian. What happened with that before we move onto the Euro?

a bit southeast....goes from louisville to circleville to around central NY.....we can smell the blizzard

by the way....i heard the ukie is even further southeast than the 00z run!?! I can't find an update or get a question answered about the exact track before it hits the coast. But that's pretty amazing if true.

I went to grab my lunch and get some coffee and 15 min later I come back to a "lil stressed out sitiation". LOL. I think the models are screwing with everyones minds right now, including mine! Nice to see so many passionate weather nuts in one place. Oh, and I think this will stay south.:whistle: hee hee

a bit southeast....goes from louisville to circleville to around central NY.....we can smell the blizzard

by the way....i heard the ukie is even further southeast than the 00z run!?! I can't find an update or get a question answered about the exact track before it hits the coast. But that's pretty amazing if true.

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?mod=ukmet&run=12&stn=PNM&hh=000&map=na〈=en

Definitely tracks it well east of the Apps.

Would be typical of last year...we get bypassed so that the east coast gets another HECS.

C'mon guys, let's not turn this into a region vs. region flame war. I'll back up jbcmh81 a little as I saw a couple posts which stated a belief that the storm would trend back hard NW but had little evidence to back them up. They were from newbies I believe. You don't have to have a met's credentials, but if you make an assertion, even some rudimentary explanation to back it up would be nice.

That's fair, but i still haven't seen these "assertions" you all are talking about, a weenie saying what they think will happen isn't an assertion as much as a wishcast (not that it's any less annoying). I think everyone should be able to handle a little bit of IMBYism, lets be honest all we all care out is OBY, i don't care about what happens in yours.

FWIW i find posts like: 6z Korean is south !1! :whistle:

Just as annoying as a newbie saying they think it trends one way or the other.

For example, both 25-35% annoying, but understandable weenie excitement.

Euro is back to its blizzard for WI. Oh my.

From tombo:

hr 78 has an area of 1004 pressure over southern iowa, looks like its phasing earlier with the pv....lgt to mod precip iowa, central and southern mn and northern wis...area of mod precip southern mn and northern iowa, also in northwestern wis....frz line fond da luc to min/iowa border then straight down the middle of iowa

hr 84 has a 1004 pressure centered over south central ill...lgt to mod precip wis, southern mn, iowa...with an area of mod precip western wis, southeast mn,northwestern iowa...hvy precip over far se corner of mn and far nw corner of iowa.....frz line fond da luc to far northeastern iowa then straight down cutting through eastern iowa

hr 90 has a an area of 1000 pressure over northern ill/in border....hvy snow for iowa and all of wisonsin and west of chicago out towards rockford

Euro back to being the extreme NW outlier. One thing is for sure, we're going to gain a lot of confidence in a model, and lose a lot in another.

Having moved from Columbus to West Michigan this summer, if we can't have it then I am rooting for you. Unfortunately it is pretty hard to make both of us happy for any given event.

Euro back to being the extreme NW outlier. One thing is for sure, we're going to gain a lot of confidence in a model, and lose a lot in another.

These are some significant changes within 3 runs, that's for sure.

It sounds like it's further NW than it was on yesterday's 12z RUN (which was already an outlier).

I'll be interesting to see if the ensembles remain consistent with the general consensus.

From tombo:

hr 78 has an area of 1004 pressure over southern iowa, looks like its phasing earlier with the pv....lgt to mod precip iowa, central and southern mn and northern wis...area of mod precip southern mn and northern iowa, also in northwestern wis....frz line fond da luc to min/iowa border then straight down the middle of iowa

hr 84 has a 1004 pressure centered over south central ill...lgt to mod precip wis, southern mn, iowa...with an area of mod precip western wis, southeast mn,northwestern iowa...hvy precip over far se corner of mn and far nw corner of iowa.....frz line fond da luc to far northeastern iowa then straight down cutting through eastern iowa

hr 90 has a an area of 1000 pressure over northern ill/in border....hvy snow for iowa and all of wisonsin and west of chicago out towards rockford

its so crazy different it makes you think it could be scoring the coupe. You can't even really blame it on a massive full on phase either if its 'only' 1000mb over N. IL.....heck the ggem is stronger then that and its over western NY.

Archived