wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fair, but i still haven't seen these "assertions" you all are talking about, a weenie saying what they think will happen isn't an assertion as much as a wishcast (not that it's any less annoying). I think everyone should be able to handle a little bit of IMBYism, lets be honest all we all care out is OBY, i don't care about what happens in yours.

FWIW i find posts like: 6z Korean is south !1! :whistle:

Just as annoying as a newbie saying they think it trends one way or the other.

Here's the dictionary definition of assertion:

a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason.

Seems to me to be a word synonymous with "wishcast". So I'm not sure what distinction there you're trying to make.

And when somebody posts "JMA is north", I find much greater utility in that then a weenie's wishcast based solely on his desire for it to snow IHBY. The former scenario at least provides me with some information, while the latter is completely useless, unless it's backed up with some kind of valid reasoning.

But hey, everybody differs in what grinds their gears. I'm sure Hoosier will take out the garbage when/if it starts to overflow.

its so crazy different it makes you think it could be scoring the coupe. You can't even really blame it on a massive full on phase either if its 'only' 1000mb over N. IL.....heck the ggem is stronger then that and its over western NY.

Not often that the Euro has the far NW and wound up solution over the Ukie though. That should be a warning flag.

Ah yes, it's not too bad.

Basically it tracks due east from Central Iowa to the MI/IN/OH border (occluding), so it's not insanely far off from the consensus.

I thought it went up into Central Michigan again from the way others were talking.

i just took a peak at plymouth as well and thought the same thing. At 96 it's sitting over the IN/MI border around 996 or so. Definitely the northern outlier but not as crazy as i imagined.

That's fair, but i still haven't seen these "assertions" you all are talking about, a weenie saying what they think will happen isn't an assertion as much as a wishcast (not that it's any less annoying). I think everyone should be able to handle a little bit of IMBYism, lets be honest all we all care out is OBY, i don't care about what happens in yours.

FWIW i find posts like: 6z Korean is south !1! :whistle:

Just as annoying as a newbie saying they think it trends one way or the other.

For example, both 25-35% annoying, but understandable weenie excitement.

I don't think buckeye's or Money's posts were weenie posts at all. Talking about what a particular model is showing for a particular area is okay, I think. Every single one of us do that. My comments were about posts that were using words like "definite" to describe the track and how it just had to move a certain way. THAT to me is being a weenie. Guess we'll just agree to disagree. Frankly I still think this is going to be a miss for us in central Ohio.

Ah yes, it's not too bad.

Basically it tracks due east from Central Iowa to the MI/IN/OH border (occluding), so it's not insanely far off from the consensus.

I thought it went up into Central Michigan again from the way others were talking.

It was spitting out that far north ejection, early occlusion business a day or two ago.

I can only see e wall but it looks like there's a weak low on the TX/OK border at hr72 which is overtaken by the northern low just east of Chicago by 96. The other models want to maintain the southern energy as dominant scooting it nearly due east, the Euro just has way more northern interaction. I give the Euro a few points for modest consistency, but it's still a hard outlier.

Is that a running average or just from the last little while? If it's a running average over any substantive period of time then that's suprising as hell.

I posted the graph last night or some other night in the other thread, it's for a 1 year period. It was Euro, UK, GFS, GGEM if I remember correctly. Granted it may suck at other levels, this was just 500 MB anomaly.

I don't think buckeye's or Money's posts were weenie posts at all. Talking about what a particular model is showing for a particular area is okay, I think. Every single one of us do that. My comments were about posts that were using words like "definite" to describe the track and how it just had to move a certain way. THAT to me is being a weenie. Guess we'll just agree to disagree. Frankly I still think this is going to be a miss for us in central Ohio.

I'll drop it, i just didn't see any definitive "it's going to go back north" posts with no or specious reasoning, i must have missed them, obviously those are annoying though.

The umket has a 997 mb low at the Miss/Al/Tn border at 96 hours

the GFS has a 999mb low over Western NC at 96 hours.

GEM has a 996,b low in SW Ohio at 96 hours

The nam projected form 84 hours is absurdly south

GEM ensemble mean is sitting over southern Ohio at 96 hours

GFS is way East and South.

I would be willing to bet the Euro ensembles end up much different from the Euro.

Archived