• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I have an idea - let's start a new talking points thread

Typhoon Tip

It's too bad we have a garbage airmass ahead of the low. Even if that low somehow goes south of us, a ton of warmer air would get pulled in. Just loop the 850 temps and you'll see what I mean. However, on the backside...the arctic awaits. The ultimate weenie solution would be for that energy that Ryan, John, and I are referencing to.....have it really dig off the se coast and have the wave develop along it. So in terms of sensible wx, you would have a fropa come through, but then rapidly falling temps and snow develops. That's what the euro has for eastern NY state.

That's why I made the comment about this thing needing to dig for Cuba. I'm dead serious. This system needs to be shoved East by about 200 miles for any sensible change in the outcome here.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I made the comment about this thing needing to dig for Cuba. I'm dead serious. This system needs to be shoved East by about 200 miles for any sensible change in the outcome here.

Which is why I don't feel good about it, imby..but the chances increase the further west you go. That's if the euro has a clue...we'll see what the 12z stuff does. Something like the euro, isn't far fetched for eastern NY.

Which is why I don't feel good about it, imby..but the chances increase the further west you go. That's if the euro has a clue...we'll see what the 12z stuff does. Something like the euro, isn't far fetched for eastern NY.

I've never seen you so adamant that SNE doesn't stand a chance..Even the Euro gave N Ct and interior Mass a few inches. Will posted it another thread

is that why you refernce me in at least 25% of your posts?

Even the best meteorologists occasionally make reference to the NOGAPS, JMA, and DGEX.

Then again, if we were all weather models, you would be more like tea leaves in some old witch's cup, or the poems that accompany the astrological calendar in theOld Farmer's Almanac.

"Soup is stewin' while stawrm's a brewin'! Nature's fury or just a flurry, either's nice but just not ice."

Even the best meteorologists occasionally make reference to the NOGAPS, JMA, and DGEX.

Then again, if we were all weather models, you would be more like tea leaves in some old witch's cup, or the poems that accompany the astrological calendar in theOld Farmer's Almanac.

"Soup is stewin' while stawrm's a brewin'! Nature's fury or just a flurry, either's nice but just not ice."

To be honest I never look at any of those models. But as Kevin will tell you with the exception of some of the NYC area mets that post in their subforum I'm the worst met on the board.

Eh, I don't mean to come off holier than thou but I never lost "optimisim" - if you want to call it.

Actually RE that: I know I commiserate with the best of you but I really masterfully disconnect my mood from this stuff. I am utterly just as fascinated by weather as the next Meteorologist, but I really don't invest emotional energy either way, at all. At the end of the day, I like interesting stuff - even when the pattern is marked by ennui in the collective opinion of the weather community of enthusiasts and scientist, I can actually find something in there to geek over.

I think maturation to that point requires experiencing enough "disappointments" and "let downs"; you become iron hulled, and eventually it just doesn't get to you. Once that frame of reference/approach to this sets in, THAT is when you start taking interesting in other things. I have actually been amazed at how blue the sky is in some airmasses versus others, when the flow is from the same source. ...Next thing you know I am peering over satellite and obs to find out what caused the change.

It's all so meaningless to me to allow this stuff to affect one on a personal level; my advise? Don't -you will never, EVER win that battle.

Having said that, I tried to offer reasons to be "optimistic" about this system ...dappled across several posts, including the one that started this thread, and I still believe in those aspects. Whether Kevin is right about the ECM, or Scott, (likely not the former na na na-na na), or Zeus comes in to save the day with a poking unnecessary reconnoiter over an argument that was thought to be settled....none of that matters. Focus on the fact that this entire synoptic regime has longitudinal wave-length bias written all over it, and as Scott and I discussed, given to the large compressibility factor in the SE (i.e., complete lack of rigding there), this has a rare powdered-ECM-failure-just-add-water.

We'll see, but one thing we have not really broached in all this is the persistent depiction of a fast on-set westerly -based NAO resurgence that tries to pin a deep (-4SD) vortext nearby... It's an extended neat bit of synoptics going on there, and wouldn't it be interesting if a kind of quasi-CCB developed where you have a long marine polar fetch pummeling the area with steady light snow for like 36 to 48 hours? That can add up and would be really cool.

I've never seen you so adamant that SNE doesn't stand a chance..Even the Euro gave N Ct and interior Mass a few inches. Will posted it another thread

Well there is a difference in a few sloppy inches and a solid foot. Interior NW CT, W. MA and points N & W have the best shot at a sloppy few inches. We all know that. My focus is seeing how this can come East to get all of us with at least something. As it stands now, Phil, Scooter, myself and the rest of the posters East of the Berkshires aren't not in the best spot for this one.

You're misinterpreting what I said. I never said that. I think for my area this is a long shot, but for areas further west such as western CT, Berks etc...they have a better shot..even you do. I mentioned that several times. That said, I want to see more evidence from the models. It's not a good idea just to run with one model run.

Archived