gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
12z Dec 7 model guidance

earthlight

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreement on what? Which lake it's going to cut into?

chicago to the apps is like 400-500 miles. I'd say thats alot of miles, hence, disagreement. Its obviously going west of the cities now, but im talking about where the models cut it - is where the disagreement is.

chicago to the apps is like 400-500 miles. I'd say thats alot of miles, hence, disagreement. Its obviously going west of the cities now, but im talking about where the models cut it - is where the disagreement is.

If it goes as far west as the Euro its possible NYC would have little more than just a showery mild day...this would be the dream situation if we had a significant snowpack on the ground as opposed to a track over Pittsburgh or overhead where the snowpack would be wiped out.

At this range I have seen an apparent can't miss cutter end up out to sea and vice versa. anyone who says otherwise has a short memory.

At this range I have seen an apparent can't miss cutter end up out to sea and vice versa. anyone who says otherwise has a short memory.

Based on the pattern in the NW Atlantic its unlikely we'll see an OTS solution any longer...the ridge in the west also now looks amplified enough as well to prevent it...its okay though...sooner or later its going to happen in the NE in the next 4 weeks...it was just very unfortunate that for the 3-5 day period this month the NAO decided to move east is exactly when the storm develops over the U.S.

That GOA is absolutely killing us right now. Until we get rid of it I'm doubting we see any storms of significance snow-wise.

with the way the euro has the block situated and the cut off over us, whatever comes east would get sheared. But yes that goa low is killing us, though its not really in the gulf of alaska its south of there. The hgts in alaska are pretty high

with the way the euro has the block situated and the cut off over us, whatever comes east would get sheared. But yes that goa low is killing us, though its not really in the gulf of alaska its south of there. The hgts in alaska are pretty high

Yeah we need that low south of Alaska to move what 400 miles west so its under the Aleutians and we'd be in better shape.

I think the -NAO is going to persist for the most part this winter so if we could just get the Pacific to cooperate a bit I think we'll see something nice.

Yeah we need that low south of Alaska to move what 400 miles west so its under the Aleutians and we'd be in better shape.

I think the -NAO is going to persist for the most part this winter so if we could just get the Pacific to cooperate a bit I think we'll see something nice.

All it takes is this: MJO phase 7/8 and the polar jet digs south enough to form a Gulf sfc low.

Archived