• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z Dec 7 model guidance

earthlight

I know its terrible to get a block this great and not have anything promising for us...

I just hope we do not go the month of December, which has a chance to be the coldest since 2000, empty handed.

I do think we get SOMETHING. :arrowhead:

I would be happy with 1 inch of snow.:arrowhead:. It's a shame to get nothing in this good pattern.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look here to compare with other GFS runs. At 96hrs the ridge heights are sharper across the Northwest. That gives more room for the shortwave dig across the Central Plains. Also at 120hrs, the 50/50 low is much weaker than previous runs:

http://www.wxforecas...ntorun/all.html

You want a stronger 50/50 low so the storm wont cut up to the Lakes.

The Euro had a c ouple of retrogading storms in the long range.

Some areas will get hammered. I wouldn't be shocked to see some areas get close to 100 inches of snow for this month. Amazing.

Buffalo will break their 2001 total.... They already of 40 to 45" (South Buffalo) for the month....

blahh cold n pretty much dry through out

I think I need to move to Syracuse.

Another reason why we need a good Paciifc to helpGet the MJO to phase 7/8, then we will get a East Coast Snowstorm. Maybe January 6-8th? :snowman::lol:

Agree. All of our snowstorms last season was either in phase 7 or 8. Those are the best phases for east coast snowstorms. I miss last year.:(

only thing that scares me in the long run, the block becomes so epic that far northern canada has higher hgts than us. All of canada and alaska look like this, granted it does cool down again at the end. Still seems like blocking persists.

Yes, probably one of the strongest blocks EVER on the run of the GFS....

I think I need to move to Syracuse.

Agree. All of our snowstorms last season was either in phase 7 or 8. Those are the best phases for east coast snowstorms. I miss last year.:(

Last year was a Nino on Steriods.

If we had a weak nina, would be doing very well right now....

Archived