wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
12z Dec 7 model guidance

earthlight

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats no secondary guys. It almost looks like a warm front or some form to me with strong warm advection along it. It could also be a spurious model feature that doesnt verify. The southerly winds on this thing will hurt any chance of frozen for the I-95 corridor. If one looks at the 850 vorticity you can see a vortmax off the Carolina's. Thats where the precip there is coming from.

this is a long shot, but if we can get this front to slow and take on a big negative tilt and get a wave to develop on it, then it could get interesting, ala what the euro had like 3 days ago. I think 2 of the gfs ens members had this at 0z to. Long shot though, very longgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Still time for this to trend in our favor. It's going to be a long shot like you just said but you never know.:scooter:

That thing that everyone thinks is a secondary actually is causing some havoc with the main frontal band as the energy ahead joins up with the main front and almost misses the NYC area. I suspect the stuff your seeing off the coast intiially will dissappear in future runs.

:raining: anything promising in the longer range?

The Euro had a c ouple of retrogading storms in the long range.

wow at those isobars!

major lake effect.

Some areas will get hammered. I wouldn't be shocked to see some areas get close to 100 inches of snow for this month. Amazing.

That thing that everyone thinks is a secondary actually is causing some havoc with the main frontal band as the energy ahead joins up with the main front and almost misses the NYC area. I suspect the stuff your seeing off the coast intiially will dissappear in future runs.

so thats basing why your saying its pretty dry, for such a strong storm?

I know its terrible to get a block this great and not have anything promising for us...

I just hope we do not go the month of December, which has a chance to be the coldest since 2000, empty handed.

I do think we get SOMETHING. :arrowhead:

Then again, in 2000 we went relatively slow until the 30th. Might be the case this year?

Archived