bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
12z Dec 7 model guidance

earthlight

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this range I have seen an apparent can't miss cutter end up out to sea and vice versa. anyone who says otherwise has a short memory.

Feb. 2-4 2009 was cutting into the Lakes every run this juncture out...in a matter of a couple runs it had trended too far east to affect the East coast. We ended up having a norlun trough give us a few lucky inches in PHL/NYC area. Granted, I really do not expect this solution to deviate to the degree that the big cities get a snowstorm. I just don't see it happening

Based on the pattern in the NW Atlantic its unlikely we'll see an OTS solution any longer...the ridge in the west also now looks amplified enough as well to prevent it...its okay though...sooner or later its going to happen in the NE in the next 4 weeks...it was just very unfortunate that for the 3-5 day period this month the NAO decided to move east is exactly when the storm develops over the U.S.

Can't help but feeling the same way. We needed the nao to relax or shift a bit in order to get this storm to develop in the first place though. It's just shifting a little too much.

Can't help but feeling the same way. We needed the nao to relax or shift a bit in order to get this storm to develop in the first place though. It's just shifting a little too much.

The NAO has a habit of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time for the NE/MA quite often in December, the list is endless but December 2000 before the event on the 30th as well as 12/25/02 are some recent cases where the NAO decided to tank (not in a good way) at inoppurtune times.

Picked up 4.5" with that system out here...which also turned out to be my total for the month of February...

Same story in New Brunswick with about 5". A couple more cold days after it, and then the pattern which had been cold through most of January up to that point, broke down until the March 1-2 event.

I distinctly remember a few days beforehand the models consistently had a bomb going into the Ohio Valley, a couple model cycles and poof.

The NAO has a habit of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time for the NE/MA quite often in December, the list is endless but December 2000 before the event on the 30th as well as 12/25/02 are some recent cases where the NAO decided to tank (not in a good way) at inoppurtune times.

Interesting. Dec. 2000 worked out very well for me, but I'm assuming your speaking for the places like DC who missed out and further east places like Long Island and Boston who changed to rain

I know the NYC area got screwed Feb 5-6th but look at this endless supply from the Southern Jet that storm and the others had: ------> C:\Users\David\Documents\wv2_east_anim.gif :whistle: ....something that is obviously lacking this year, and this storm isnt even digging enough far south to even come close to tapping like last year..

Archived