amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z Dec 7 model guidance

earthlight

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once that low gets cranking on the coast, couldn't we see a change to snow at the end when it stats pulling down the cold air? Ala Christmas 2002?

no John you have it all wrong. the storm will just create it's own cold air :scooter: good trends today with the ukie and gfs ensembles all east. if I was at home i'd pretty much given up but I think lancaster has a decent shot of some good snows if the coastal hugger verifies. the biggest issue remains the cold air though...it looks to pull in some cooler 850's on the ensembles but those are useless without knowing what the 2m temps are.

no John you have it all wrong. the storm will just create it's own cold air :scooter: good trends today with the ukie and gfs ensembles all east. if I was at home i'd pretty much given up but I think lancaster has a decent shot of some good snows if the coastal hugger verifies. the biggest issue remains the cold air though...it looks to pull in some cooler 850's on the ensembles but those are useless without knowing what the 2m temps are.

I wish this would verify.

Ensemble means can be extremely deceiving...6 members over Chicago and 6 members over Bermuda and you have a benchmark track on the mean.

I know it can. I am just pointing out what the model says. At least the Euro ensemble mean and the GGEM ensemble mean are on the GFS ensemble's side.

Ensemble means can be extremely deceiving...6 members over Chicago and 6 members over Bermuda and you have a benchmark track on the mean.

that is correct, however; the likelihood that is the case isn't very high just due to the fact there really is no shot of this going straight out to sea. the individuals should be interesting for sure, but i think that most would of had to shift east somewhat for the mean to be where it is.

Archived