Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Major Hurricane Irene live tracking

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty impressive there in VA and NC. 75% of customers in RIC area, Hampton Roads, and NE NC are without power now Totaling almost 1 million customers out just in the Dominion service area.

Dover radar is showing expanding area of 80+ kt base velocity with flow gradually backing around to more of an easterly direction.

janet - any particular reason why you're thinking that radar is overdoing precip? I assume it's in tropical Z-R...

Does anyone have a guess as to why Richmond has seemingly been harder hit than some areas closer to the coast? The 71 mph gust has been the highest reported so far in VA.

They have been getting some seriously strong bands which are efficiently mixing down heavy gusts. The in between there and the coast have been dry slotted at times and just aren't mixing down as nicely.

They have been getting some seriously strong bands which are efficiently mixing down heavy gusts. The in between there and the coast have been dry slotted at times and just aren't mixing down as nicely.

Sounds reasonable just seemed strange at first.

Dover radar is showing expanding area of 80+ kt base velocity with flow gradually backing around to more of an easterly direction.

janet - any particular reason why you're thinking that radar is overdoing precip? I assume it's in tropical Z-R...

Ive wondered the same thing.There has been some very heavy bands over my area for a while but it hasnt really rained all that hard.

its showing 8-10 inches right in central DE also also about four inches for DCA

LWS is showing 5-6 inches over DE and has about 3 for DCA

This is matching up better with ground reports it seems

[/b]

LWX is probably better then. Maybe LWX has their gage bias correction turned on and not on the Dover radar.

The tide is finally leveling off here in Hampton Roads (Norfolk/Va Beach). 8-10" of water in businesses through downtown Suffolk and many homes underwater on the Elizabeth River, Nansemond River, northern Southside Hampton Roads coast, and throughout OBX. Many cities worried about looters and have curfews until morning.

Tornado went through Sandbridge in VA Beach... 3300 block of Sandpiper Road. Some homes have been "cut in half".

The tide is finally leveling off here in Hampton Roads (Norfolk/Va Beach). 8-10" of water in businesses through downtown Suffolk and many homes underwater on the Elizabeth River, Nansemond River, northern Southside Hampton Roads coast, and throughout OBX. Many cities worried about looters and have curfews until morning.

Tornado went through Sandbridge in VA Beach... 3300 block of Sandpiper Road. Some homes have been "cut in half".

wow..was the peak at high tide?

back to the dover radar..then with the radar overdoing things the storm may look worse then it really is when it gets east of DE then

it looks pretty pathetic on the infrared

[/b]

I'm approximately 2 - 2.5 miles due west of the north gate to DAFB and my rain guage is showing we've picked up 4.69"

Archived