• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 12/06/2010

Interesting--If the vort slows down a little and allows the -NAO to reform, we could suppress this thing and make it a MA storm. The NOV 1950 was thrown out by HPC..also IIRC March 62 Ash Wednesday was storm that form and got trapped under a strengthening block.

Interesting--If the vort slows down a little and allows the -NAO to reform, we could suppress this thing and make it a MA storm. The NOV 1950 was thrown out by HPC..also IIRC March 62 Ash Wednesday was storm that form and got trapped under a strengthening block.

<H1></H1>

#17 user_green.pngMidlo Snow Maker user_popup.png

one thing the 12z gfs does it trys to bring the -nao more west this run as the trough swings through the miss. valley. something to watch and see if that keeps up and pushes that upper low more into more of a 50/50. i'm not meti play a moderator on a weather board so i could be wrong

0z vs 12z

5050.gif

Worth watching

There are two storms, one goes up into the lakes which is weaker, then one forms off the coast and explodes north east.

Actually, on the Euro the Lakes storm is deep, with a cold front associated with it. The "storm" to the south looks like a wave on the front that is swept out to sea with the front.

post-116-0-16580400-1291662092.gif

In summary, the Euro is west and progressive from what I gather. Looks cold after the "storm" though.

The GFS has now tried to forecast 3 significant snowstorms in the longer ranges and not one has yet verified for the DC to NYC corridor. Even with a negative NAO, we need a vortex closer to NOva scotia to provide confluence across new england. This smacks of La Nina. Sorry I missed the earlier model discussion. I wrote something for CWG piror to the 12Z model runs and am waiting for it to run. Once it does, I'll post it here.

The GFS has now tried to forecast 3 significant snowstorms in the longer ranges and not one has yet verified for the DC to NYC corridor.  Even with a negative NAO,  we need a vortex closer to NOva scotia to provide confluence across new england. This smacks of La Nina.  Sorry I missed the earlier model discussion.  I wrote something for CWG piror to the 12Z model runs and am waiting for it to run.  Once it does, I'll post it here.

Wes, I mentioned this elsewhere, but could you imagine what kind of winter we'd be having if we had a weak la nina or weak el nino with this monstrous neg NAO?

The strength of the la nina is the only thing holding us back.

The GFS has now tried to forecast 3 significant snowstorms in the longer ranges and not one has yet verified for the DC to NYC corridor. Even with a negative NAO, we need a vortex closer to NOva scotia to provide confluence across new england. This smacks of La Nina. Sorry I missed the earlier model discussion. I wrote something for CWG piror to the 12Z model runs and am waiting for it to run. Once it does, I'll post it here.

Yep, and this is why I'm pretty much pessimistic for our area for a while. The fantasy GFS storms do have a tendency to yank me in for a bit, but once I saw the Euro cut and the GGEM join, I knew we were cooked.

The Euro phases the northern low of the dual LP system more with the PV over central Canada, hence the stronger northern system. We all know the Euro loves phasing northern stream systems. That will be the uncertainy point over the next 5 days. A slightly slower evolution of the system would make things more interesting for the EC weenies. We want enough confluence to build out in front, so the dual LP fully transfers to a primary in the southern plains region. (See P005 posted above)

It's the faster speed of everything that's hurt us on the 12Z runs.

Yep, and this is why I'm pretty much pessimistic for our area for a while. The fantasy GFS storms do have a tendency to yank me in for a bit, but once I saw the Euro cut and the GGEM join, I knew we were cooked.

The 12Z ensembles really are ugly for the sunday storm. Too bad I haven't kept all the crappy model forecasts as it would be a neat slide for a presentation.

our really only hope right know is the main low stays weak out west and the 2nd low forms along the coast and bombs out, even with this some areas will see just rain as the main low would bring in warmer air but not as much as if the main low was stronger. I am going out on a limb by saying this but this is the only way i could see the main low going west will work for some areas in the east

Archived