Newest Member
    Toothache
August General Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans for August -

1 .Try not to melt or spontaneously combust from the excessive heat.

2. Obsessively watch model runs for signs of the first cold front that brings relief from said heat.

3. Obsessively watch model runs and radar for signs of rain.

4. Work, need to pay bills.

5. Plan for wedding in March

6. Post on this Message Board!

Plans for August - 1 .Try not to melt or spontaneously combust from the excessive heat.  2. Obsessively watch model runs for signs of the first cold front that brings relief from said heat.3. Obsessively watch model runs and radar for signs of rain.4. Work, need to pay bills.5. Plan for wedding in March6. Post on this Message Board!

This has to be one of the most constructive posts regarding future plans I've ever seen haha. I think many of us will have our eyes watching for any opportunity for heat relief. Like I said before, I like to see everyone in the Southeast at least average their precipitation or higher but who knows. Only time will tell.

Meanwhile I'll be needing to work extra hours for a PC desktop that I want. It's a HP Pavillion with 6GB (Up to 16GB) RAM with 1TB hard drive capacity. My current Vista desktop is running out of space and is not able to handle the newer software so I'm in dire need of an upgrade. I also have 2 XP desktops that I recently repaired and need to get new hardware for them. The price of the computer I'm wanting is $478.00. Not bad.

Plans for August -

1 .Try not to melt or spontaneously combust from the excessive heat.

2. Obsessively watch model runs for signs of the first cold front that brings relief from said heat.

3. Obsessively watch model runs and radar for signs of rain.

4. Work, need to pay bills.

5. Plan for wedding in March Try not to get a headache from all the chaos the first month of school.

6. Post on this Message Board!

Seems we have alot in common.

Wow! I just can't believe the weather my Mom has been thru in the last year out in Joplin. A record Snowstorm, one of the most devastating tornadoes ever, & now stifling heat. It is currently 107 in Joplin. :yikes:

She wanted to move to a place with changes of season.......she got it!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=&sid=KJLN&num=168&raw=0&dbn=m&banner=off

Wow! I just can't believe the weather my Mom has been thru in the last year out in Joplin. A record Snowstorm, one of the most devastating tornadoes ever, & now stifling heat. It is currently 107 in Joplin. :yikes:

She wanted to move to a place with changes of season.......she got it!

http://www.wrh.noaa....bn=m&banner=off

Wow! That is awful! The heat and them trying to rebulid....horrible!!! Hopeful that fall is cool,refreshing and kind to them.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update: Thanks for all of the prayers for Mom. She did pass away on July 21st and we had her memorial service last Monday. Nothing in the world can ever prepare you to lose someone that close to you. She was an absolute awesome person and the world lost a great soul. If your Mom is still around, pick up the phone and tell her just how much she means. You won't ever regret it! Thanks again for the support!

BR,

Greg

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update: Thanks for all of the prayers for Mom. She did pass away on July 21st and we had her memorial service last Monday. Nothing in the world can ever prepare you to lose someone that close to you. She was an absolute awesome person and the world lost a great soul. If your Mom is still around, pick up the phone and tell her just how much she means. You won't ever regret it! Thanks again for the support!

BR,

Greg

Sorry for your loss, I work for Hospice and see it everyday. you are never ready for it. Your family will be inmy thoughts and prayers.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

Greg, Sorry didn't see your post when I posted. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

You and your family will be in my prayers. Sorry for your loss.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

Sorry to hear this Greg. I think I'll call my mom today and do just what you said....

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

Sorry for your loss, will be praying for you and your family.

Hey everyone,Just a quick update: Thanks for all of the prayers for Mom. She did pass away on July 21st and we had her memorial service last Monday. Nothing in the world can ever prepare you to lose someone that close to you. She was an absolute awesome person and the world lost a great soul. If your Mom is still around, pick up the phone and tell her just how much she means. You won't ever regret it! Thanks again for the support!BR,Greg

How tragic. :( I know what it's like to lose someone you hold so close to your heart. I lost my mom a couple of years ago. She never got to see me graduate from high school. A couple of tumors on the liver and excessive body fluid took her life away. She was the greatest person I ever knew. Sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

Greg,

I'm very sorry to hear this and hope the best for you and your family during this very tough period. I'm fortunate that my mom is right here in Savannah. She's the main reason I'm here these days.

Sorry to hear of your loss also Greg, my mom is 93 with some memory retention issue's but I have her at the house with me and I promised my father as he was passing away back in 1990 that I would not put her in the nursing home unless I absolutely had to. I don't know what it is between a son and his mom but I know she will be the only true friend I have in this lifetime and I thank God for the years I have been privileged to have her around. May God Bless and comfort you.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

How tragic. :( I know what it's like to lose someone you hold so close to your heart. I lost my mom a couple of years ago. She never got to see me graduate from high school. A couple of tumors on the liver and excessive body fluid took her life away. She was the greatest person I ever knew. Sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

Sorry to hear about losing your mother Greg and Reggie. I know I'm a momma's boy forever and am lucky and thank God I still have her. Sounds like you both had great mothers.

Hey everyone,

BR,

Greg

"mourn with those that mourn"...Soo sorry to hear about your mom....spent alot of my bday with my parents on Sunday.

"mourn with those that mourn"...Soo sorry to hear about your mom....spent alot of my bday with my parents on Sunday.

That's awesome. Someone sent me this yesterday. I thought it was pretty good.....

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "There , she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

Henry Van Dyke

And so it begins....registration day is tomorrow...I'll be working 8-6:30.....If I'm lucky! Alphabetizing over 1000 sheets of paper...no fun...Thursday is more meetings and getting ready the lesson plans......Kids come on Friday....Survival day.....Get em fed, in the right class, and on the right bus headed home....Do I hear a pedicure calling my name on Friday afternoon???....Yes, I think I do....:thumbsup:

And so it begins....registration day is tomorrow...I'll be working 8-6:30.....If I'm lucky! Alphabetizing over 1000 sheets of paper...no fun...Thursday is more meetings and getting ready the lesson plans......Kids come on Friday....Survival day.....Get em fed, in the right class, and on the right bus headed home....Do I hear a pedicure calling my name on Friday afternoon???....Yes, I think I do....:thumbsup:

:lol: Good luck!

:lol: Good luck!

You would appreciate this! Today I saw one of my former students at registration....He told me that he was going to study meteorology....I was soooo excited :thumbsup: Makes a teacher proud!

On a side note, registration day was EXTREMELY tiring.....Hall's were very hot, fans all over the place.....I had my door to my classroom open to help out....but alas....as last week, my air stopped working.....sometime after lunch...don't know exactly when as I was out in the sweltering hall all day at a table attempting to sort and alphabetize 1000 pieces of paper.:angry: When I walked in my room around 5:30....it was 81 degrees on the thermostat.:angry:

The guys in the TS Emily thread are getting pretty excited. Talking about possible strength underestimated and and a westward track. Basically recurve less likely and GoM storm is more likely.

:weenie:'s

Just kidding. I'd love to see a GOM storm come and visit us. Maybe you could go chase it too!

Archived