Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August General Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

:weenie:'s

Just kidding. I'd love to see a GOM storm come and visit us. Maybe you could go chase it too!

I hope so, I made plans with my fiance, her mom, and her mom's best friend for Sunday evening. So my window is kinda small. Friday night to Sunday morning lol...But I'd love to if it fits my schedule. And yes there are plenty of weenies in that thread mixed in with the good tropical posters.If Emily gets strong and into the GoM it's gonna get worse.

UKEMT has been the outlier and has consistantly shown this solution....I thouhgt it might be off its rocker :lmao: Come on Ukie!!!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, I made plans with my fiance, her mom, and her mom's best friend for Sunday evening. So my window is kinda small. Friday night to Sunday morning lol...But I'd love to if it fits my schedule. And yes there are plenty of weenies in that thread mixed in with the good tropical posters.If Emily gets strong and into the GoM it's gonna get worse.

:thumbsup:

As we both now noticed....I mistyped UKMET....oops. Been that kinda day...blisters on both feet to prove it :gun_bandana:

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update: Thanks for all of the prayers for Mom. She did pass away on July 21st and we had her memorial service last Monday. Nothing in the world can ever prepare you to lose someone that close to you. She was an absolute awesome person and the world lost a great soul. If your Mom is still around, pick up the phone and tell her just how much she means. You won't ever regret it! Thanks again for the support!

BR,

Greg

Love and Light to you and your family :wub:

Well 1st day tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Have a great day tomorrow! When you go to your locker, remember me....I will be helping 100 6th graders try to open theirs :arrowhead: Debating should I take the Advil before or after the headache begins?? Fun, fun tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy all your new teachers and classmates! Wish I was in your postiton.....When I was a kid, I thought it would be fun to be the teacher.....Now I'm the teacher and wish I was a kid again :rolleyes: Time flies....enjoy every minute :sun:

Good luck! :thumbsup: Remember........An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest :weight_lift::hug:

Good luck with your first day. Just remember to keep your head held high and do your best. You've got new challenges coming your way. :)

Good luck!! Quite honestly I wish I was the one going to school,not work :thumbsdown:

Thanks guys :hug: Means alot!

Have a great day tomorrow! When you go to your locker, remember me....I will be helping 100 6th graders try to open theirs :arrowhead: Debating should I take the Advil before or after the headache begins?? Fun, fun tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy all your new teachers and classmates! Wish I was in your postiton.....When I was a kid, I thought it would be fun to be the teacher.....Now I'm the teacher and wish I was a kid again :rolleyes: Time flies....enjoy every minute :sun:

I'll be praying for ya! :hug: Good luck!

1st day was great! We'll see if Psalm survived :P

:thumbsup: Glad to hear you made it threw your first day :D

Psalm just remember.............If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers :lol: We appreciate everything you do :wub:

1st day was great! We'll see if Psalm survived :P

I made it! Glad your day was great!

:thumbsup: Glad to hear you made it threw your first day :D

Psalm just remember.............If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers :lol: We appreciate everything you do :wub:

Well I did make it....Had a headache before I even got to school....and one later in the day....but not because of the kids....kids did really good today :thumbsup:

I made it! Glad your day was great!

Well I did make it....Had a headache before I even got to school....and one later in the day....but not because of the kids....kids did really good today :thumbsup:

:lol: Just thinking of the stress of a new school year would have given me a headache the week before school started :lol: Kudos to you my friend :wub:

Got a treat yesterday (8/7/2011), as I was able to timelapse what appeared to be a border line supercell (at the very least a beastly severe storm that produced golf ball size hail) in Spartanburg, SC. The cool thing was that I filmed it from a little mountain near my house all the way in Asheville, NC. So, while its nothing special, I thought you guys may enjoy it. I don't usually see structure and storms like this in August very often around here.

Got a treat yesterday (8/7/2011), as I was able to timelapse what appeared to be a border line supercell (at the very least a beastly severe storm that produced golf ball size hail) in Spartanburg, SC. The cool thing was that I filmed it from a little mountain near my house all the way in Asheville, NC. So, while its nothing special, I thought you guys may enjoy it. I don't usually see structure and storms like this in August very often around here.

that was awesome. Enjoyed viewing it, nice music touch as well. I think the northern part of the anvil or when it was collapsing was the pink clouds for me yesterday

Very nice ZackH and thanks for sharing...

Cool video.It was actually kinda relaxing to watch especially with the music :thumbsup:

Very nice ZackH and thanks for sharing...

Just curious Nov, how close were you to the storm when it got into Union County? I am the summer volunteer intern at GSP this summer and I know we had one quarter size hail report near the city of Union from that storm. We also had a report of golf ball hail earlier in its life NE of Spartanburg. Am wondering how nasty that thing was underneath.

Thanks for sharing this Zack! :hug: That was a sweet looking storm :thumbsup:

Just curious Nov, how close were you to the storm when it got into Union County? I am the summer volunteer intern at GSP this summer and I know we had one quarter size hail report near the city of Union from that storm. We also had a report of golf ball hail earlier in its life NE of Spartanburg. Am wondering how nasty that thing was underneath.

Hey ZackH, I live on the West side of downtown approximately 2 miles from the Park Drive area where trees were down and 3 miles from the Monarch area where more damage was reported, at my home I stood outside and watched the lightning as we did not get anything other than 1 very quick wind gust that I would estimate maybe 30 mph if that. I received no rainfall/hail other than a light misting. There was hail reported in both these areas where the damage was.

My sister was driving back form Spartanburg on 176 and had to pull off and seek shelter just below the Kohler Plant due to the quarter size hail/rain and high winds, she called me on the cell and asked me if a tornado warning was out for Spartanburg because it was so bad. they ran into the storm with hail again just Northwest of Jonesville SC and pulled over at the Disney Plant against a wall for shelter.

Hope this helps you out, it was a freakish storm because I saw it bearing down on Union but it seemed like it was suddenly pulled toward the NNE at the last minute

Hey ZackH, I live on the West side of downtown approximately 2 miles from the Park Drive area where trees were down and 3 miles from the Monarch area where more damage was reported, at my home I stood outside and watched the lightning as we did not get anything other than 1 very quick wind gust that I would estimate maybe 30 mph if that. I received no rainfall/hail other than a light misting. There was hail reported in both these areas where the damage was.

My sister was driving back form Spartanburg on 176 and had to pull off and seek shelter just below the Kohler Plant due to the quarter size hail/rain and high winds, she called me on the cell and asked me if a tornado warning was out for Spartanburg because it was so bad. they ran into the storm with hail again just Northwest of Jonesville SC and pulled over at the Disney Plant against a wall for shelter.

Hope this helps you out, it was a freakish storm because I saw it bearing down on Union but it seemed like it was suddenly pulled toward the NNE at the last minute

All good info. Thanks!

Spent the majority of the day fixing a water pipe leak right beside my water meter. I noticed yesterday the soggy grounds around it, and today when the meter reader came by I asked about it. They came out and it was determined it's on my end, so I began digging to find it. Found 2 sizeable holes spewing water on the black plastic pipe right beside where the clamps hold the pipe to the meter. I thought it would be simple, so I went to Lowes and bought what I need (short pipe, 4 clamps). Took all day, had to cut several pieces to get an exact fit on the nipple...and that pipe isn't flexible at all, especially dealing with such a short length. And had to keep adjusting the clamps tighter and tighter as there continued to be a small seepage. I was afraid I'd break the clamps if I went any tighter. I'm just grateful I didn't have a leak somewhere else in the yard or I would have had to unearth a ton of dirt, literally. The line was laid just 3 years ago, so not sure what caused me to spring a leak.

Archived