e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice steady rain now, with largest area of heavy rain to our southwest approaching central and se NJ.

That heavy rain is passing through here now in C-NJ. Philly area looks to get the heaviest totals. If it has to rain like this in the summer, might as well be on a Wed night. Hopefully we can clear out later tomorrow morning and salvage most the day like today. Hope we can do the same this weekend too, but Sunday looks stormy.

It looks like .75"-1" fell areawide.

Pathetic job by the euro and gfs.

Anyone have the final totals?

Thanks.

The NAM was right after all! Just the timing that was off on some of the runs...guess I'll have to apologize to the model....got less up this way, but still a good half inch.

The NAM was right after all! Just the timing that was off on some of the runs...guess I'll have to apologize to the model....got less up this way, but still a good half inch.

NAM had the timing off by 3-5 hours but overall it destroyed every model.

Only the GGEM was close and the UKIE did fair as well.

Come winter time don't doubt the NAM. I did yesterday morning and got burned. Absolute pathetic performance by the GFS and EURO. Wow.

Seriously pathetic.

Euro had it right for 3-4 days in a row. But pulled it on its 0z run, 2 nights ago and never bought it back.

Nice clue was that both the regular NAM and the Experimental NAM had the rain. They both were showing .50"-1" for several runs in a row.

0.51" total IMBY. Not bad.

About the same here. Now back to our regularly scheduled summer discussion.

Clouds clearing from north to south and as AG3 mentioned both the euro and gfs look normal temp-wise when its not rainnig. They both show multiple chances for storms and rain over the next week with Sat PM into sunday then next mon.tue and again on wed. The euro does look to be building a ridge back towards the end of the run. Suspect when sunny we have a few chances at 90.

Yeah, can you say Owned?  NAM kicked butt and left no prisoners.  I am impressed.

The GFS and the Euro both had the 5 boroughs getting 6+ inches of snow for the FEB 6 2010 storm.The NAM had the sharp cutoff in Staten Island and Southern Brooklyn and Queens 3 days before the storm and never wavered.

The GFS and the Euro both had the 5 boroughs getting 6+ inches of snow for the FEB 6 2010 storm.The NAM had the sharp cutoff in Staten Island and Southern Brooklyn and Queens 3 days before the storm and never wavered.

Please don't make me relive that terrible day. I hate thinking about it.

July 2011 saw a record monthly average temperature for Newark, NJ with a reading of 82.7 degrees. This breaks the old July monthly average of 82.5 degrees set in 1993.

ACY also had their hottest July. I will update the other thread

... Warmest July on record at Atlantic City...

... 2nd most days in July that reached or exceeded 90 degrees at

Atlantic City...

... Tied for most days in July that reached or exceeded 100 degrees

at Atlantic City...

... New maximum temperature record for month of July at Atlantic

City...

July, 2011 was the warmest July on record at Atlantic City with an

average temperature of 81.0 degrees. This breaks the old record of

79.8 set in 2010.

The temperature at Atlantic City reached or exceeded 90 degrees on

20 days in July, 2011. That makes it the 2nd most days that reached

or exceeded 90 degrees in July. The July with the most days that

reached or exceeded 90 degrees is July, 1983, when there were 21

such days.

Also, the temperature at Atlantic City reached or exceeded 100

degrees on 3 days in July, 2011. That makes it tied with July 1966

for the most days that reached or exceeded 100 degrees in July.

The temperature at Atlantic City reached 105 on July 22 and July 23.

This breaks the all time July maximum temperature record for

Atlantic City of 104 set on July 3, 1966.

Records date back to 1875.

Yes I thought there was a general rule to never speak about that day again

As painful as that was to watch,it was not unexpected.I knew it was game over 2 days before when the NAM came out with that and didnt budge.Actually a dissapointing storm was 2/10/10,I am suprised nobody talks about that.We were supposed to get 2 feet with blizzard conditions and that did happen.......in Maryland which bought the snowcover to 50 inches in some places.I got 13 inches from that storm,but it was like wet cement.

I don't really recall forecasts of 2 feet. Also when it hit 44 the day before and still in the upper 30s when the snow started I knew it was going to be quite wet. We did get very little wind but 2 to 3" an hour snows during the middle of the afternoon made it well worth it.

As painful as that was to watch,it was not unexpected.I knew it was game over 2 days before when the NAM came out with that and didnt budge.Actually a dissapointing storm was 2/10/10,I am suprised nobody talks about that.We were supposed to get 2 feet with blizzard conditions and that did happen.......in Maryland which bought the snowcover to 50 inches in some places.I got 13 inches from that storm,but it was like wet cement.

I also hope Saturday is dry. I have 2 events to attend. The GFS and Euro shows rain coming into the area late Saturday into Sunday.

Saturday looks mainly ok until late evening while Sunday looks like a soaker on consecutive runs of the gfs. ECm has a line of storms saturday night into sunday.

anyone think the heat comes back or are we done?

I think through next week (8/12) any heat (90 degree readings) is limited to a day or two when its not cloudy or stormy in the usual warmer places. Beyond there towards midmonth we may see a surge of heat as the ridge builds east. Looks overall near normal - some warmer days mixed with below when its cloudy and rainy. Now if we could only cleaer these pesty clouds out today.

18z gfs builds in the ridge by next weekend, looks hot again week of th 15th. Lets see if continues and gains support.

Archived