joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Maybe 90 Sat when's the next day we hit 90

Ginx snewx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably see 90 here at least once more this year. I would assume I have a better chance of not hitting it than others in New England (MRG being the exception to that) which I don't think I would complain if it didn't happen till next year. Or maybe even 2013. I don't remember the last time I had a 90 free year. Definitely ready for the decline towards fall. Some of the finest weather of the year are those low humidity days when the sun is still powerful enough to keep it comfortable in late September and early October.

Probably see 90 here at least once more this year. I would assume I have a better chance of not hitting it than others in New England (MRG being the exception to that) which I don't think I would complain if it didn't happen till next year. Or maybe even 2013. I don't remember the last time I had a 90 free year. Definitely ready for the decline towards fall. Some of the finest weather of the year are those low humidity days when the sun is still powerful enough to keep it comfortable in late September and early October.

Did you hit 90F in Summer 2009? That was a very cool summer, especially July, when you're most likely to get there.

Did you hit 90F in Summer 2009? That was a very cool summer, especially July, when you're most likely to get there.

Not to get myself into another off topic garden tangent but that was the tomato blight year wasn't it? If it was I was living in Manchester at the time and there's a chance at my house I didn't but not 100% sure.

Not to get myself into another off topic garden tangent but that was the tomato blight year wasn't it? If it was I was living in Manchester at the time and there's a chance at my house I didn't but not 100% sure.

It was the tomato blight year...I harvested like 70-80 tomatoes off about 10 plants before they eventually died off. The blight slowly crept up the leaves....we had 20" of rainfall in June and July near NYC, and it certainly didn't help. Even down here, I only hit 90F like 3 times that summer, and not once in June or July I don't believe.

I was working at the Stone Barns Agricultural Center that summer, which is the feeder for the famed Blue Hill at Stone Barns Restaurant where the Obamas dined a couple of summers ago. It's a massive sustainable agriculture project on land donated from the Rockefeller Preserve, granted by New York State. I worked mostly in the greenhouses, but the Center pulled out over 500 tomato plants to avoid cross-infection with other nightshades such as potatoes and eggplants. It was a massacre. The blight did a number on the Center's harvest, despite all the professionals there and the safeguards they have.

Actually just checked the climate info and I had a five day heat wave from August 15th-19th that year. Not once in June or July either.

? Big event? That stinks, but your days off makes it worth it.

I think a lot of SNE hits 90, but not elevated or northern areas... this will be a blip.

Wedding reception, next weekend 400 for Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser. Yea even today will be dry so in the shade will feel cool. Those living on the Tarmac, oh well so sorry.

80F here at 12:45pm...I think 90F might be gone from the hills for the season looking at the extended. We will have to get a pretty impressive heat ridge in here after Aug 10th to get 90F in elevated spots. The valleys can still torch though right into early September.

80F here at 12:45pm...I think 90F might be gone from the hills for the season looking at the extended. We will have to get a pretty impressive heat ridge in here after Aug 10th to get 90F in elevated spots. The valleys can still torch though right into early September.

Music to my ears, rollin along singing my song. The hills are alive.

90/57

torching down on the sand baby! Downsloping dry winds for the win.......................torchalicious :thumbsup:

You and Pete are at opposite ends of the SNE spectrum, well that and Kevs cottage at BDL. For the most part its a mid 80's day around SNE with dry air. Hot pleasant day definetly not a torcho.

Best summer ever continues.....actually loving the boring, although Tuesday was pretty exciting. I'll take boring up to Mid Nov. FTW

Strongly agree. Sleep cycle FTW. We'll have our day. My goal after each winter is to live to the next one. Halfway home.

Guys, August is Meteorologically still summer, and hasn't even started yet.

Honestly, there's a lot of weather to embrace this time of the year if you just give it a chance. I realize that heat wave meteorology is not interesting to the majority, and that August severe is less frequent, but if you gave it a try, your ENTIRE year could be much more fulfilling. Turn on the snow zealot switch on October 15 and and rev it in November. Until then, summer is not behind us.

Gardening is superb now, and we have a hurricane approaching the Bahamas in a lot of dependable guidance. Also, the SOI has gone easterly, and there is a teleconnector out there that shows a SE U.S. ridge is often time-lag correlated to the easterly phases of the SOI some 10 days later. That wouldn't even show up in the models at this point; less important teleconnector for us than the NAO, granted, but we've already had a record breaking heat episode so we know the season can do it. Christ, we have had heat waves in the first week or two of September.

It's absurd to try and "spin" the summer as over - makes it difficult to want to contribute. It's bordering on some dis-associative disorder on some level to pretend and then actually believe it.

Once again we are being slapped into reality.

I don't think anyone said summer is over. We are in most if not all cases past climo average highs. Few 90 degree days for most, maybe none for some. August can have great thunderstorms, maybe a tropical threat, but usually pretty boring

I like boring until it snows

It's absurd to try and "spin" the summer as over - makes it difficult to want to contribute. It's bordering on some dis-associative disorder on some level to pretend and then actually believe it.

I think 90F is probably done here. You will probably hit it where you are several more times.

Archived