amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z models

tombo82685

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I know everyones excited but can we hold off on the '96 analogs for the time being.....

I agree with this...

and everyone knows me I am probably the biggest fanbase of the that blizzard, but the synoptics are radically different....

I love how we all want February 5-6, 2010 and January 6-8, 1996 to happen again... But let's be realistic on the first point here.

I said it before.... IF Feb 5-6th 2010 came up the coast, it would have been NESIS 2 or 3 on the scale....

Those storms do not come often so, have some realstic expectations.

Here. I like how the supposed worst sub forum on the site all of a sudden has to divulge it's model info for the general forum.

Your model info?

lol..this forum was the worst on Eastern (according to some of your own people), but have been strong and good here. Kudos.

But I'm pretty much done with asking, so enjoy dude.

Not even close, I think that the GFS and Euro go hand in hand given their respective biases.

ok, just saying, it seems with the GGEM way west, the euro taking more of an apps runner, and the GFS off the coast, that everything is still on the table as far as solutions go. But I was more stating that with 2 models going against 1 for a good i-95 solution.

Most locations only have the GGEM going out to 144 hrs on the 12 Z run which would bring this to this time period on the GFS

Which means that the storm has not even formed at that point and time yet...

The difference is it is way stronger at that time frame of 144 hrs with the S/W dropping down being 993 mbs...

Ewall just discovered does go further then 144 but I believe it would be because of the strength on that S/W

only at 00z the 12z ggm only to 144

It goes out to 180hrs at PSU eyewall.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/CMC_12z/cmcloop.html

Anyway, I wouldn't put the the GGEM in the same camp as the Euro. It has no West Coast ridge at 144hr. Unlike the Euro. The 0z Euro is inland because the West Coast ridge is sharper and the 50/50 low is weak.

I would actually favor the cutter over anything else, it is a la nina, but we also lack a -NAO and 50/50 at the time the storm is occurring. I don't understand why Henry M. and JB are getting so excited for this.

The NAO is negative heading towards neutral before dipping back down once again....

People are getting excited because this is the first legit shot at the potential for a widespread snowstorm and perhaps a significant one as well....

The timing of the storm and the blocking is way off. The NAO goes down after the storm passes and the block resets after the storm occurs when we need it to be in place when the storm is actually occurring.

Even with the clipper before the storm threat, the blocking is fading away so we have a clipper that goes to the NW of us and gives us some rain showers and milder highs (mid 40s for Friday and Saturday). Had the timing worked out with the storms, the clipper would have gone far enough south and given us a few inches of snow and the storm threat would not have an opportunity to cut west.

Your model info?

lol..this forum was the worst on Eastern (according to some of your own people), but have been strong and good here. Kudos.

But I'm pretty much done with asking, so enjoy dude.

Not mine per se, the sub forum's. I remember when we had to go practically begging to the SNE forum for info on the EURO and we would be lucky if they threw us a bone.

It's a little upsetting though that we get called the worst on the site and then are asked to provide any services the regional members have. Not the staff's fault but you obviously want the model info for the members, not the staff.

Finally I thought we were supposed to break into our forums and discuss the models there instead of superthreads in the general?

Randy it's not my info anyway and i know you want the best for this place so tombo and others

Can do what they want. I came off sounding harsh so my apologies.

Archived