joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z models

tombo82685

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why with this setup we would really need the low to bomb. At least the cold air is there to tap, and there is plenty!

yea that clipper imho is messing things up to start. It parks itself up north and we get that continues southerly flow that warms the bl. Then it takes forever to get the cold back in. That may be the reason it gets going later the temp gradient is further north?

hr 183 frz line on the coast sub 996 low about 200 miles east of cape may, lgt to mod precip se pa eastern pa nj del nyc, mod precip over se pa southern nj

hr 186 frz line on coast, sub 992 about 100 miles south of the bm, lgt to mod precip se pa up the del riv east, mod precip central and northern nj in nyc and li

hr 189 frz line on coast sub 988 low over bm, lgt to mod precip del river east mod precip over li and coastal central nj

Thanks Tombo......sunds like a nice event...

Huh? The 0 line is down by ACY.

Surface 0 line is west of Nyc from 174-180..........174 is def rain....180 we prob have slop

frz line

the 850 line is at the coast at 183, the surface line is running along 95.

at 186 the surface line is generally along the NJ Turnpike SW of NYC and the 850 line has cleared the coast

at 189 the surface line is generally at the Garden State Parkway from NY south

at 192 the surface line is at the coast.

Agreed. With the lack of a High to north/northwest we need an earlier bombing low to tap into the cold air to our north.

It's not really the lack of a high. That sounds like you're saying there's no cold air available. If there wasn't much cold air available, in early Dec, the low could bomb all it wants and it wouldn't snow. What I'm talking about is the cold air isn't there BEFORE the storm.

It's not really the lack of a high. That sounds like you're saying there's no cold air available. If there wasn't much cold air available, in early Dec, the low could bomb all it wants and it wouldn't snow. What I'm talking about is the cold air isn't there BEFORE the storm.

Gotcha.

Check it again...

at 186 the surface line is generally along the NJ Turnpike SW of NYC and the 850 line has cleared the coast

yea your right i got the 2 mixed up, but the surface is virtually ontop of the cities from hr 180 on, its the layers above that which i would like to see cause its showing a warm nose at 925, but this is all nonsense its 8 days out

Check it again...

And at 180 hours out its impossible to determine the accuracy................ 25 -50 miles one way or the other and 1 - 3 degrees make all the difference....

yea your right i got the 2 mixed up, but the surface is virtually ontop of the cities from hr 180 on, its the layers above that which i would like to see cause its showing a warm nose at 925, but this is all nonsense its 8 days out

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.:thumbsup:

agreed...+ factoring in GFS historical SE bias has me less optimistic for the cities at this point. N & W (Allentown, Reading, Somerset county NJ) have a better shot. Lots depends on when the bombing sets up...too early = too close a track for snow, too late = minor event for everyone.

And at 180 hours out its impossible to determine the accuracy................ 25 -50 miles one way or the other and 1 - 3 degrees make all the difference....

The storm could track through Cleveland for all we know...it's still a week out but my point was that this was a marginal event for the cities...I wouldn't get your hopes up, that's all...

Scott,

Not just wrap-around.

We're between 28 and 32 the entire time precip is falling. The entire column is AOB freezing. That is a snowstorm.

His questuion was for Nyc.....http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=knyc

Verbatim it looks like snow..... You have a SW wind direction in NYC from 174-180......early december i dont think that would be snow.....But whatever this obvisouly is a mute point as its 180 hrs out......Sorry for this

Archived