CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Heat Wave Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp kept in check here all day with a ripping south wind gusting over 20+, 87 might be the high for the 4th straight day unless winds die down or veer west. Truck thermo was 94 on north side of town away from the water, drank 1.5 gallons of poland spring water.

Cold shower>Cold beer, nice easy 6 hr day today lol

Agreed. Takeoff point for tomorrow will be upper 70's for some, overnight.

That's a good point about the launching ... We didn't really get a decent jolt out of the box this morning; it is interesting that we are verifying upper 90s with spot 100's given the later morning recoverying. Tomorrow, we may start with slightly better vis and haze condition with few clouds over 80 or more in some urban centers.

Temp kept in check here all day with a ripping south wind gusting over 20+, 87 might be the high for the 4th straight day unless winds die down or veer west. Truck thermo was 94 on north side of town away from the water, drank 1.5 gallons of poland spring water.

Cold shower>Cold beer, nice easy 6 hr day today lol

Wish I only hit 87 today that actually sounds great. Sounds like a good day. Especially the cold beer and cold shower partsun.gif

95/73

down to 91 / 75

intresting .. peaked at 92.5 .. hmm figured it would be hotter here considering im at 440 ft and 9 mi ese of ORH and they peaked at 91. Im usually ~3 degrees warmer than ORH on hot days like today

That's actually pretty typical when the high for the day is neared... The temp will start jumping up and down by a degree or degree and a half. Often enough the high for the day will be between the hourly obs.

down to 91 / 75

intresting .. peaked at 92.5 .. hmm figured it would be hotter here considering im at 440 ft and 9 mi ese of ORH and they peaked at 91. Im usually ~3 degrees warmer than ORH on hot days like today

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I hit 90 earlier this year when ORH only got to 86. Now they hit 91 and its "only" 92/93 at low elevation. Although ORH has a dew of 71 and most low elevation stations have 74-75 dews but I don't know that that has anything to do with it.

91.2/74 <---yikes.png

ORH P+C for tomorrow....my god...if this happens I might be able to hit 100 (101?) here just like last year where I believe I hit it one day.

Friday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 97. West wind between 11 and 14 mph.

Also amazing is that BAF almost for sure will get to straight triple digit days (101 today)...and Saturday could be a 97-98 or something. Now that's a heat wave.

euro still has a little bubble of 24C 850 air over E MA tomorrow afternoon. if you just do a really crude 850 + 15C that gets you to 39C or 102F...

euro's been banging at 100-104 type stuff for friday all week so we'll see how it goes. definitely wouldn't be shocked to see a few spot 101-102 readings somewhere in the 128/495/bos region.

probably crests 90F everywhere in SNE outside of ACK.

euro still has a little bubble of 24C 850 air over E MA tomorrow afternoon. if you just do a really crude 850 + 15C that gets you to 39C or 102F...

euro's been banging at 100-104 type stuff for friday all week so we'll see how it goes. definitely wouldn't be shocked to see a few spot 101-102 readings somewhere in the 128/495/bos region.

I recall "Hot Saturday" in 1975 when ACK hit 100.

Right over Easton/Mansfield/Norton over to Brockton. Place cooks on a west wind.

that said, it's 18z 2-m temp at bos is 37.4C...it was showing 39.9 yesterday or the day before.

edit: not that 37C is anything to take lightly...that's still 98. and it's also got the same number now for saturday...fwiw.

Archived