• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
18z gfs 12/4/10

Dr No

Shows a 2-4'' clipper for us with plenty cold temps, maybe higher ratios then.

GFS 156 Clipper

Clipper 36hr Precip 162

Then, holy!

Storm in OH Valley Approaching

204 Big snows

216 even bigger snows, a bomb

Total for 2nd storm, high ratios would occur

Altogether, it would be an awesome double storm set-up. But, as we saw this week, neither will verify for the doubler we were supposedly in for. Also, it is the 18z GFS at 150+ so yeah, take it with a grain of salt. Had to be posted though for Henry Margusity, we know he'll be raving about it.

It does draw up moisture from the gulf though right? So its just a miller B that dug really far south, basically a hybrid not quite a true B and definitely not A because its not a southern stream shortwave?

Don't worry about it cause it won't happen.

The boottom right panel here will answer your gulf question, just trace the wind barbs

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/18/fp1_180.shtml

And Miller A and B's have nothing to do with southern stream shortwaves.

If the low tracks over TN, KY or OH and jumps to the coast, it's a Miller B.

If it tracks over eastern SC it's a Miller A. Usually a southern stream SW if it's that far south, but there is no requirement.

Don't worry about it cause it won't happen.

The boottom right panel here will answer your gulf question, just trace the wind barbs

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/18/fp1_180.shtml

And Miller A and B's have nothing to do with southern stream shortwaves.

If the low tracks over TN, KY or OH and jumps to the coast, it's a Miller B.

If it tracks over eastern SC it's a Miller A. Usually a southern stream SW if it's that far south, but there is no requirement.

Theoretically, if the low tracks south through tennessee and then jumps to the coast at and then tracks up the coast from eastern sc what would that type of storm be classified as

Yep, even I can occasional hit the bullseye. Still, I'd sure bet against it, the big storm, if I were a gambling man.

I'm right there with you. I have no faith in the modeling and I'm as pessimistic/realistic as I have been in a long time. I say we get nothing good around here till mid February. I can guarantee you that 0z will look nothing like this. Mark my words.

I'm right there with you. I have no faith in the modeling and I'm as pessimistic/realistic as I have been in a long time. I say we get nothing good around here till mid February. I can guarantee you that 0z will look nothing like this. Mark my words.

if the euro at 00z tonite looks like the 18z gfs then ill start getting excited

if the euro at 00z tonite looks like the 18z gfs then ill start getting excited

the s/w in question is like 6 days from hitting the pac nw and then it does something most waves like it don't do... if the euro looks good it might be nice but there's no certainty there in anything. excited should be a bit off still. ;)

the s/w in question is like 6 days from hitting the pac nw and then it does something most waves like it don't do... if the euro looks good it might be nice but there's no certainty there in anything. excited should be a bit off still. ;)

agreed, i do put a little more stock into the euro then i do the gfs this far out, but... 7 days to go anything can and will happen,

Archived