• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July Forecast Contest, Temperatures

Copy the pasta for July since Mallow's slackin.

The rules are in the January thread. Late rule: you can be up to 3 days late, but for each day late, you get a 25% penalty to your monthly score.

Forecasts are due by 11:59 PM EDT, Sunday, July 3rd

Remember, all you have to do is guess the monthly departure for the following three sites.

July...

DCA:

NYC:

BOS:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And purposely put in ACY too since right now the avg. monthly temp is +5.......

but maybe it's because of my blue font? I also spelled "total" with an extra "to". :lol:

Nah... if you go back to older temp. contest pages, he just quotes some recent reply and includes it in his post.

I would assume that, for the purposes of this contest, the current normals would be the ones weighted upon.

Why? The official ones the NWS will be using for July will be 1981-2010, as I understand it. It would be more confusing, I would think, to use different normals than the NWS for this contest. Also harder for people to track if there are separate normals being used.

Why? The official ones the NWS will be using for July will be 1981-2010, as I understand it. It would be more confusing, I would think, to use different normals than the NWS for this contest. Also harder for people to track if there are separate normals being used.

Well then we'd either have to change our numbers or have someone auto-adjust the guesses once the new numbers come out. I'm just talking for the purpose of submitting the forecast, since some people won't be able to adjust their forecasts with the new numbers before the deadline.

Well then we'd either have to change our numbers or have someone auto-adjust the guesses once the new numbers come out. I'm just talking for the purpose of submitting the forecast, since some people won't be able to adjust their forecasts with the new numbers before the deadline.

Yeah, I guess because of the timing there will be confusion either way.

My guess is for the new normals, which will be easy to track.

Yeah, I guess because of the timing there will be confusion either way.

My guess is for the new normals, which will be easy to track.

the noaa weather site in NYC has July's normal at 76.5 for the 1971-2000 period...From 1981 to 2010 July averages 76.8...Those are hard numbers...Lord knows what it will be after they smooth the numbers...

Why do you always quote some random person's numbers before you put in your forecast?

Sorry about that. I just reply to the most recent post and make my pick. Next month, I will no longer do this. Not my intent to annoy anyone here.

Someone else posted that I only post when the contest comes out. That is true. But I don't want to throw out what may be misinterpreted as a nonsensical post. But... I enjoy this forum and read quite a few posts. I just don't usally reply to them, as meteorology is just a hobby for me and I have nowhere near the knowledge that most have.

And purposely put in ACY too since right now the avg. monthly temp is +5.......

but maybe it's because of my blue font? I also spelled "total" with an extra "to". :lol:

I put up ACY as it is closest to my home. I hate heat and wish it would stop. I guess that part is tongue in cheek.

Archived