IrishRob17

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stun.gifstun.gif

The band over me just won't move... If it stays this way, these totals are entirely believable.

So far it's just a few miles too far west for me to stay in perpetuated high snowfall rates, but it's still early. I wonder if that band coming into eastern Dutchess County is going to tack onto the main band over you and build it eastward.

Hello everyone-long time no see. :)

Snowing pretty good down here in Southern Dutchess County. I wish I could give you a accurate total-but the winds are playing havoc on the deck this time-best guesstimate is about 6 so far. At least we aren't looking like we had back in Feb with this storm. Snowing pretty heavily still-waiting for some good thundersnow-that would be a nice touch.

Snowing pretty good down here in Southern Dutchess County. I wish I could give you a accurate total-but the winds are playing havoc on the deck this time-best guesstimate is about 6 so far. At least we aren't looking like we had back in Feb with this storm. Snowing pretty heavily still-waiting for some good thundersnow-that would be a nice touch.

Welcome back!:thumbsup:

Glad you're getting some good snow!

Great to see you found us! Definitely tough to measure with the winds. I am over 8" so far. It's been coming down at 2" an hour if i had to guess.

Hey you! Welcome back

At long last moderate snow backing in here from the east. The northwest fringe is continually getting eroded away, but it muscles its way west in fits and stops... I doubt it ever gets west of the central Mohawk Valley.

If there is anyone around Saugerties/Catskill let me know whats up. I think I will be heading down in the AM to help clear out our cottage down there.

Great to see you found us! Definitely tough to measure with the winds. I am over 8" so far. It's been coming down at 2" an hour if i had to guess.

I think I'm a little over 8, maybe about 9" now and the temp is 16*. This wind is incredible! There are three foot drifts against the front of all the houses across the street from me. Those heavy bands that came through about an hour ago had a bit of sleet and graupel mixed in.

Same here in Brewster. Real tough to measure. saw the NWS said Danbury had 6 at 7 pm. Its coming down pretty hard right now, though the band over Orange County hasnt moved...while our bands have come through.

Just came back in from clearing the driveway. The heavy band east of Chester in Orange hasn't moved. It tries to move west and gets crushed but I have a wall of snow falling now. picked up 7". Although I am sheltered from the winds somewhat, the snow is blowing. Great improvement from earlier crap. This stuff is now powder :thumbsup:

The precip field appears to be pivoting now towards the west/northwest. 21F

17.8/15 Just came in from some shoveling and attempted to get a measurement. Also getting crushed here. Pouring snow with strong winds the past half hour or so. Took measurements from a few spots and averaged almost 14". Had a wind gust of 29mph (anemometer not in the greatest of places)

CTZ005-NJZ002-004-103-105-107-NYZ067>070-270415-

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-WESTERN PASSAIC-EASTERN PASSAIC-WESTERN BERGEN-

WESTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-

NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-

816 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

..DANGEROUS BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND LOWER

HUDSON VALLEY...

A PERSISTENT BAND OF VERY HEAVY SNOW CONTINUES ACROSS THE REGION

THROUGH 11 PM...LIKELY REMAINING NEARLY STATIONARY. SNOWFALL

RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE EXPECTED...AND OCCASIONALLY 2

TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR AS THESE BANDS BRIEFLY INTENSIFY.

NORTH WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WITH FREQUENT GUSTS 35 TO 45 MPH WILL

ACCOMPANY THE HEAVY SNOW. THIS WILL ALSO HAVE WINDCHILLS HOVERING

IN THE SINGLE DIGITS THROUGH THIS EVENING.

THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE

WIDESPREAD BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND

DRIFTING OF SNOW...AND FREQUENT WHITEOUT CONDITIONS.

MOTORISTS SHOULD AVOID ALL UNNECESSARY TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST

TRAVEL...EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION AND TAKE ALONG A WINTER SURVIVAL

KIT. A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT.

$$

17.8/15 Just came in from some shoveling and attempted to get a measurement. Also getting crushed here. Pouring snow with strong winds the past half hour or so. Took measurements from a few spots and averaged almost 14". Had a wind gust of 29mph (anemometer not in the greatest of places)

You are in the running for highest total here :snowman:

You are in the running for highest total here :snowman:

Not saying my measurements are the most accurate. I measured 4 different areas away from the house. Real tough with the drifting. The snow is just absolutely ripping here...heaviest i have seen in a long time.

Archived