Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend of 6/10-6/12 General Thunderstorm Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not terrible but not for a summer weekend, maybe in San Francisco. But to each his own.

lol, Im just sticking it to the heat guys

I heard earthlight turned his thermostat up to 90, lit a fire, and has a humidifier going so that it feels like a tropical rainforest in his house.

Bunch of tornado warnings in eastern PA

Yea but those areas were also able to destabilize more earlier today as they received some breaks in the overcast and the sun shined down. I am curious if any storms will progress/maintain strength and enter the region. Not holding my breath

Please look at the high resolution models for Sunday, the weather will repeat Saturday temps and sky conditions. We do not break into warm sector... Please don't say this is wrong. We likely break into some sun and 75 Monday, before clouds, rain and drizzle return for Tuesday and into most of Wednesday with highs in the upper 50's Tuesday, and mid 60's Wednesday but still cloudy (Cut-off low spoils up New England and our local weather. Thursday likely sunny and 75 again, Friday looks like an out of season nor'easter like system coming up the coast with 58-62 again. (Several model support Friday wash out) like DGEX, NOGAPS and GFS) We look to have our heads dipped in and out of the toity for this upcoming week, about ten days from now maybe we can discuss any heat talk, but it looks just like glancing blows with our area on the extreme NE fringe of any heat, with New England looking cool and at times cloudy for 2 weeks straight per the last few ECMWF runs. The ECMWF runs never warm sectoring us for its entire 240 hour runs the last few cycles, suggest (my opinion) is not completely baseless and wrong. I am starting to wonder if our area is done with the worst heat of the summer, as it seems to settling further south and west from our area when it flexes its muscles in the long term. We look to miss out on heat going forward with whatever new pattern just started and it looks more like the pre Memorial day pattern, but without the heat promise we had at that time. 2000/ 2009 pattern is hitting us all of a sudden, with no easy way out of it either. I am resigned to seeing many more days like today, this summer, than we had last year with the weakening El Nino. Aren't first year La NINA summer crappy for the northeast like 2000 with front loaded heat in May and early June, and then crappy periods more prevalent when summer comes in. First year NINA summer's seem to feature its share of days like we just had, so I'd say get use to more of this during periods of this summer with a few isolated hot periods.

Please look at the high resolution models for Sunday, the weather will repeat Saturday temps and sky conditions. We do not break into warm sector... Please don't say this is wrong. We likely break into some sun and 75 Monday, before clouds, rain and drizzle return for Tuesday and into most of Wednesday with highs in the upper 50's Tuesday, and mid 60's Wednesday but still cloudy (Cut-off low spoils up New England and our local weather. Thursday likely sunny and 75 again, Friday looks like an out of season nor'easter like system coming up the coast with 58-62 again. (Several model support Friday wash out) like DGEX, NOGAPS and GFS) We look to have our heads dipped in and out of the toity for this upcoming week, about ten days from now maybe we can discuss any heat talk, but it looks just like glancing blows with our area on the extreme NE fringe of any heat, with New England looking cool and at times cloudy for 2 weeks straight per the last few ECMWF runs. The ECMWF runs never warm sectoring us for its entire 240 hour runs the last few cycles, suggest (my opinion) is not completely baseless and wrong. I am starting to wonder if our area is done with the worst heat of the summer, as it seems to settling further south and west from our area when it flexes its muscles in the long term. We look to miss out on heat going forward with whatever new pattern just started and it looks more like the pre Memorial day pattern, but without the heat promise we had at that time. 2000/ 2009 pattern is hitting us all of a sudden, with no easy way out of it either. I am resigned to seeing many more days like today, this summer, than we had last year with the weakening El Nino. Aren't first year La NINA summer crappy for the northeast like 2000 with front loaded heat in May and early June, and then crappy periods more prevalent when summer comes in. First year NINA summer's seem to feature its share of days like we just had, so I'd say get use to more of this during periods of this summer with a few isolated hot periods.

I hate Noreasters in summertime and I hope you are wrong. 50's for highs on Tuesday no models show that. Well it will be 60's for highs for Tuesday with cool pool air producing showers and 70's for Wednesday and possibility a cut off Low for Thursday and Friday. I think you want a Noreaster and cold summer of Noreasters.How reliable is the DGEX and NOGAPS and hopefully it will lose it. I do agree most of the area will not break into the warm sector espeicailly from the city and eastward temps will not get out of the 60's today. By the way I am getting some heavy rain with some lightning and thunder right now. I think this summer will have some cool period as well as warmer periods and I think week will be the week and I look the GFS and seems to get a bit warmer after next week. Yesterday was indeed with the 60's and that nasty east wind with some showers with a few rumbles of thunder. Don't say it is going remain the 60's for the remainder of the month with east winds because that is not true we will have put up with one week of below average temps. Next week I think it will return near average again with a day or two either side.

Archived