Newest Member
    amirah5
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc - June/early July 2011 edition

Ellinwood

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird, I can't multi-quote for some reason

Re: storms today: I saw that the ARW and WRF-NMM had storms for us around 00z. I see the RUC does too. Just wanted to get someone elses opinion before I throw those models out and stick with my "we don't get storms" stance. :)

Weird, I can't multi-quote for some reason

Re: storms today: I saw that the ARW and WRF-NMM had storms for us around 00z. I see the RUC does too. Just wanted to get someone elses opinion before I throw those models out and stick with my "we don't get storms" stance. :)

9z LWX ARW has the storms doing a poetic dance around MBY and Baltimore...skirting DC...and nailing just about everyone else.

9z LWX ARW has the storms doing a poetic dance around MBY and Baltimore...skirting DC...and nailing just about everyone else.

11z HRRR does something similar - has a line near Hagerstown/Frederick around 5, the usual DC split takes place and then the line comes back together once it passes.

Maybe the slight can be extended :devilsmiley:

Great directional shear just ahead of the front, but there's virtually NO speed shear (highest wind speed up to the trop. is like, 30 kts. on the latest RUC sounding). LCLs are gonna be wayyyy up there as well.

+ side... mmmmm CAPE & FROPA lift.

Archived