Newest Member
    12bet1 net
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc - June/early July 2011 edition

Ellinwood

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes....IAD's current summer norms are a joke

It's really amazing that change only really began in earnest in the mid-late 90s (and only with night time lows) but the results have been drastic since then. No sub-zero lows, with record summer minimums becoming rather normal. As the new Silver Line corridor truly takes off, it wouldn't surprise me to see minimums moving 2-3 degrees higher even by 2020.

I thought that at first, till Ian said it had been there for a few runs. Can a model suffer convective feedbck for more than a couple of runs in a row?

I wouldn't take it verbatim but it has advertised it a while now. Atmosphere supports it.

If the slight doesn't expand - it's going to be awfully tightly packed from mod to slight on the southern end of it.

it'll come south to us at least i think .. maybe not too far southeast tho

that's true, it has been in a number of past GFS and NAM runs, but it is still the manifestation of convective feedback which doesn't always mean the model output is bunk, just means don't trust the placement or the QPF

I thought that at first, till Ian said it had been there for a few runs. Can a model suffer convective feedbck for more than a couple of runs in a row?

it hasn't happened since 1999 I think....kind of would like to see it...we've only had like 12? or so 103+ on record

17 it seems. 1999 does appear to be the last.

17 is not insubstantial....come on 103!

would be kind of impossible on June 9th though

we are due. on the bright side breaking a 130+ yr monthly record would give the global warming guys an article or two.

Archived