Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc - June/early July 2011 edition

Ellinwood

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JYO/FDK get a lot of **** but they are always hotter on MOS numbers so I think there is something to their numbers.

I don't know about JYO, but I think FDK being a warm spot is legit. They sit in a topographic bowl, so you get compressional heating as well as downsloping winds. FDK is often colder in winter for as well.

I don't know about JYO, but I think FDK being a warm spot is legit. They sit in a topographic bowl, so you get compressional heating as well as downsloping winds. FDK is often colder in winter for as well.

Yeah, I'm not from the area... but I noticed that too. Looks like there are some 800-900 feet ridges just west of town, while the airport sits at 300 feet. Could definitely add a couple of degrees of compressional warming with the west winds that predominate during heat waves.

Squeaker. Balances out the 89s. ;)

The sad part is Thursday's potential 100 falls on the same date that we set the MONTHLY record of 102 in the way back-back-back-it's-outta-here!!! year of 1874.

For s'n'gs, the record high minimum for Thursday is 77 from our favorite year of 2008.

The sad part is Thursday's potential 100 falls on the same date that we set the MONTHLY record of 102 in the way back-back-back-it's-outta-here!!! year of 1874.

For s'n'gs, the record high minimum for Thursday is 77 from our favorite year of 2008.

I might have been the only one in the contest to do this, but I actually went higher tomorrow than Thurs. Just something makes me a little "nervous" for clouds on Thursday. Could be wrong, and anyway my guesses are only a degree apart.

Archived