joxey
Western/central member map

janetjanet998

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

fixed. good to see you here!

also, i know that there was extensive discussion in the main forum about how the forum could be split as it grows larger. i drew a few lines on the map just to throw one possibility out there to show how it would divide the members. it's by no means a strong suggestion, but with all the talk, i figured it would be interesting to actually put something on paper to see what it could look like. how to divide up svr wx threads is obviously a problem no matter where it's split, but I think splitting it more north/south may make more sense than plains/midwest given that one skinny forum from brownsville to minot seems kind of ridiculous. the south-central forum would basically be KS/OK/TX/ozarks-centric, with the high plains in it too. the midwest/lakes forum would be basically what already exists in the form of midwest threads (i included the dakotas and eastern MT/WY because much of the discussion there would revolve around severe weather and plains snowstorms, though obviously these areas can be moved). the west would be the rockies to the coast--big, but not many members right now.

but you all are welcome to give ideas and i'll adjust the lines to see what different options look like.

I'd be cautious in the early stages of our transition. Look at the stats. We are increasing in members and posts. I think that is a good thing regarding the future and quality that we can provide the Americanwx community as we move from an EC board, to one that benefits everyone. I think we should 'settle in' and build our base during the winter. Spring may be a good time to address this, IMO.

I'll bump this enlight of what has been somewhat discussed in OT. Have we grown too much now?

I'm on the map already, not sure how exact it is, but it is near Walters Road just South of 1960, it will be very close to TC Jester when they fill in between two segments of the road. They've plowed down the trees already next to my subdivision.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i've begun putting posters on a new central/western map for just this subforum. however, going back through this thread, i realized i didn't know where exactly central/western begins and lakes/ov ends. given the sheer number of posters in lakes/ov, i was going to keep this to just this subforum. could someone give me some guidance on which states to include?

so i've begun putting posters on a new central/western map for just this subforum. however, going back through this thread, i realized i didn't know where exactly central/western begins and lakes/ov ends. given the sheer number of posters in lakes/ov, i was going to keep this to just this subforum. could someone give me some guidance on which states to include?

well here is what we are using

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/27921-welcome-general-guidance-for-this-forums-boundaries/

IMO anything west of the MS river outside E IA and E MO (areas south of KY on the map linked) should go into this forum(AR, LA)...as far TN/MS/AL looks like the SE forum took that area over

well here is what we are using

http://www.americanw...ums-boundaries/

IMO anything west of the MS river outside E IA and E MO (areas south of KY on the map linked) should go into this forum(AR, LA)...as far TN/MS/AL looks like the SE forum took that area over

okay. i marked a line near that on the map.

here's the new link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207989631584805411892.0004b4532778a5456b07d&msa=0&ll=40.780541,-91.669922&spn=38.252477,79.013672

i'll be going through and adding people as i have time.

the other thing i can do is more or less mark the boundaries of each separate regional discussion thread in another color to help guide members to which topic they should post in.

i added quite a few more members. if i am missing you or a poster you know, please post and i will add you/them.

here's a short link to the map:

http://g.co/maps/y2vvf

edit: i outlined the tx/la/nm/mx thread area in red as a test. i can do likewise for our other regional threads if we think that may help give an idea of where members should post, as titles like "plains" may be a bit ambiguous.

Archived