2PM Roundup

NYC : 86

EWR : 88

TEB : 86

LGA: 82

JFK: 80

TTN: 89

ACY : 87

How ironic, the day the backdoor front comes through is turning out to be the warmest day thus far for the immediate NYC metro area, particularly NYC and western LI. JFK got to 86 and now NYC should be surpassing 86 for a high.

Here in Monmouth County it feels just as hot as yesterday. Air is very stagnant, winds essentially calm, dew point is 69F, and temp 84.7F.

How ironic, the day the backdoor front comes through is turning out to be the warmest day thus far for the immediate NYC metro area, particularly NYC and western LI. JFK got to 86 and now NYC should be surpassing 86 for a high.

Here in Monmouth County it feels just as hot as yesterday. Air is very stagnant, winds essentially calm, dew point is 69F, and temp 84.7F.

Yeah. Feels very hot out now here at work in Bayside, NY. Closest station is 86.5 degrees now.

Closest to me reads that exactly as well. The winds don't seem to be affecting the temps yet.

Winds are more north then east here. NNE. My area of northern Queens/LI usually gets affected when winds are more easterly then northerly.

I see some of the unofficial stations from Queens to Suffolk touched 90 and are now in the low-mid 80's.

Its May and this weather is great, I'm not dissapointed at all. Plus these temps feel warmer than they would in July/August since we just came out of Spring. These are some of the hottest 80's I've felt.

While the temps failed to reach 90,the dewpoints have been impressive for this time of year over the past week or so.ANytime you reach a dew of 70 or higher in May,that is noteworthy.

This heat wave was a bust. NWS had low 90s for Monday/Tuesday here, and we topped out at 85F yesterday and 83F today. Warm weather but not the type of heat advertised.

Archived