e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June likely to come in with a summer-like scorch

earthlight

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is a true scorcher of a day. Almost 90 everywhere and unbearable humidity. Cant stand outside for more then 10 minutes without breaking into a sweat.

I might go to earthlights' or Isotherms' house to jump in their pool soon.

June starting off on track w/ anomalous warmth in the area, sneak preview of the next few weeks.

Maybe later, but after today, the next 4-6 days look fabulous. NAM has 70's as highs, low humidity and a nice, crisp, upper 50's every night. This of course is for NYC, LGA and Long Island.

Our avg lows in the city reflect the UHI, which has existed for decades.

The problem is that torches are not calculated by departures, but by afternoon highs. When was the last time someone proclaimed, "oh my god I had a +15 today!" as opposed to "wow it was 96 today!"? If we were 95 today but we bottomed out in the low 60s late at night or very early in the morning, the departure is not as impressive it would be a real torch. Having not even one day record 90 or better at any of the NYC stations is not a torch, barring today, probably.

Maybe later, but after today, the next 4-6 days look fabulous. NAM has 70's as highs, low humidity and a nice, crisp, upper 50's every night. This of course is for NYC, LGA and Long Island.

How terrible. 70's with low humidity. Oh the horror! whistle.gif

Today is a true scorcher of a day. Almost 90 everywhere and unbearable humidity. Cant stand outside for more then 10 minutes without breaking into a sweat.

I might go to earthlights' or Isotherms' house to jump in their pool soon.

We're cooking hot dogs on the pavement ova here.

I'm up to 91.2 with a 77 dew point. Briefly hit 80F dew point before falling back. My HI is 105F!

Yeah should be even colder at night around here - drastic change - maybe upper 40s fri morning.

How terrible. 70's with low humidity. Oh the horror! whistle.gif

People keep talking about the heat coming up. But after today, the next 4 to even 7 days look FABULOUS for NYC. Seasonable to below seasonal temps (mid 70's to upper 70's), low humidity and cool night time lows. NAM and other models, keep lowering the temps also for tomorrow-Monday.

After that, it is a crap shoot in weather modeling. Ridges included.

Yeah should be even colder at night around here - drastic change - maybe upper 40s fri morning.

When do you see the heat returning? 2nd week of June? Because this 1st week to 10 days, looks average to below average.

Longer range looks to continue warmer towards the end of next week. Perhaps more heat on/around the 8th.

test8.gif

Not too impressed. 588 heights are nowhere to be found. This latest heat wave had a large area of 594+ heights over the eastern CONUS.

Not too impressed. 588 heights are nowhere to be found. This latest heat wave had a large area of 594+ heights over the eastern CONUS.

I was referring more to the signal than taking the guidance verbatim. The area looks to stay at or above normal into the first week to 10 days of June, with perhaps another surge of warmth the end of next week.

Archived