Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June likely to come in with a summer-like scorch

earthlight

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heat index of 98 at Newark.

Just another spring day..no torch here. Definitely a bust.

NEWARK/LIBERTY MOSUNNY 90 73 57 SW10G17 30.00F HX 98

we have mid 70s dews with temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s all the time in late May/early June.

oh wait...

This weather blows for any type of outdoor activity.

It's awesome for swimming! :) That's why I love really hot weather. It's useless being in NYC when it's hot, it's an unnatural oven.... I don't know why anyone stays there in the summer lol.

I hate high humidity though-- bring on 95-100 with 30-40% humidity and WNW winds!

The torch has only been here only two days really (yesterday sort of and today) but you guys have been talking about it for like a week and a half.

Date and Departure:

5/24: +9

5/25: +10

5/26: +5

5/27: +8

5/28: +10

5/29: +8

5/30: +11

5/31: +12.5

6/1: +9 (so far)

I'd say that's a pretty solid torch/warm spell.

my thermo hit 91 yesterday at that time for a few minutes....

Glad it wasn't just yours lol. I have two thermos on different sides of my house and one hit 91.7 and the other hit 87..... the thing is, both are well shaded. Do you think yours was accurate? Maybe the variance comes from the type of surface they're close to?

Date and Departure:

5/24: +9

5/25: +10

5/26: +5

5/27: +8

5/28: +10

5/29: +8

5/30: +11

5/31: +12.5

6/1: +9 (so far)

I'd say that's a pretty solid torch/warm spell.

As much as I want it to be hot, high mins leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's not real "heat"-- heat is defined by number of 90 degree days, or just by computing the high temps; low temps are tainted by humidity, cloud cover and UHI.

As much as I want it to be hot, high mins leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's not real "heat"-- heat is defined by number of 90 degree days, or just by computing the high temps; low temps are tainted by humidity, cloud cover and UHI.

Our avg lows in the city reflect the UHI, which has existed for decades.

Glad it wasn't just yours lol. I have two thermos on different sides of my house and one hit 91.7 and the other hit 87..... the thing is, both are well shaded. Do you think yours was accurate? Maybe the variance comes from the type of surface they're close to?

Its usually pretty good, droped down to 88 after 10 mins so I think it may have been accurate. However it is in the sun most of the day. Right now im at 81.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=11414

Our avg lows in the city reflect the UHI, which has existed for decades.

True but it's still tainted by cloud cover and humidity :P As far as the 30 year averages.... UHI seems to be higher than it was at the start of the period, but that's splitting hairs.

True but it's still tainted by cloud cover and humidity :P As far as the 30 year averages.... UHI seems to be higher than it was at the start of the period, but that's splitting hairs.

I don't see how it is tainted. This is late May/early June. High humidity is pretty much a given at night. Hell, NYC's avg lows are 70 in July.

Archived