• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 19 threat in chaser land

Ed Lizard

That is a nice tor warned cell nw of Lawton at this time. Even if best parameters are farther north I never discount tail end charleys.

timmer and co went to that instead of ks.. given radar in ks right now maybe not a bad idea. it is a bit messy.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

timmer and co went to that instead of ks.. given radar in ks right now maybe not a bad idea. it is a bit messy.

KSC105-167-192215-

/O.CON.KICT.TO.W.0014.000000T0000Z-110519T2215Z/

RUSSELL KS-LINCOLN KS-

456 PM CDT THU MAY 19 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHWESTERN LINCOLN AND

NORTHEASTERN RUSSELL COUNTIES UNTIL 515 PM CDT...

AT 451 PM CDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO 3 MILES

NORTH OF DORRANCE. THIS TORNADO IS NOW LOCATED 7 MILES NORTH OF

DORRANCE...OR 11 MILES NORTHWEST OF WILSON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30

MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

LUCAS...SYLVAN GROVE AND ASH GROVE.

text

guessing that's the one right north of 70? it does look good. you're not going to overcome the setup and get zilch but it's not quite the radar you look for perhaps, thus far at least. there are like 400 million chasers along 70 too.. not like that should be a factor. ;)

Wow, Timmer's not bad at forecasting. I had totally discounted OK and thought KS was the play.

i was kind of wondering why they went south after the first cell near elk city, but the tail end is usually a decent play... plus it's much less crowded down there it seems based on spotter net. i dunno if they like hanging with the pack unless they have to.

Beat OUN by a minute...

TORNADO WARNING

OKC015-075-192245-

/O.NEW.KOUN.TO.W.0026.110519T2209Z-110519T2245Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK

509 PM CDT THU MAY 19 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHWESTERN CADDO COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA...

EASTERN KIOWA COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA...

* UNTIL 545 PM CDT

* AT 510 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE

THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 10 MILES WEST OF

BOONE...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE APACHE...BOONE AND EXTREME

NORTHERN LAKE ELLSWORTH.

Wow, Timmer's not bad at forecasting. I had totally discounted OK and thought KS was the play.

All depends on what you're looking for. He's going after the best video, and low cloud bases and rain wrapping doesn't offer that. If he's going for the strongest tornadoes, that play was always Kansas.

Where did you find he velocity of the CASA radars? I have only seen the reflectivity-mainly on WDSS-II

That was a single radar velocity shot obviously. The main WDSS2 page is:

http://wdssii.nssl.noaa.gov/web/wdss2/products/radar/casart2.shtml

from there you can click on the individual radars, and the velocity and dual pol products are displayed there.

Multi doppler winds are experimental and I will post them on demand. The cell is not in the multi-doppler area however, so we cannot generate merged winds just yet.

Excellent structure... It's one of our best cases ever in fact, although it is at the edge of the network unfortunately.

This picture shows attenuation corrected and uncorrected reflectivity from the Cyril radar. You can see the 'sectors' chosen to optimize scanning.

The southern tail of the storm looks very good as it comes into view. Strong couplet at the lowest tilts.

Excellent structure... It's one of our best cases ever in fact, although it is at the edge of the network unfortunately.

This picture shows attenuation corrected and uncorrected reflectivity from the Cyril radar. You can see the 'sectors' chosen to optimize scanning.

The southern tail of the storm looks very good as it comes into view. Strong couplet at the lowest tilts.

Truly amazing man. It's awesome when you watch those images in loop mode. You really get a feel for how the storms are moving/rotating with so many frames per hour.

Single Cell Storm near DDC is going to need to bear watching.

Storms from OK earlier pushed a cold pool of air north into KS, so that it shut things down to where I thought it was going to be potentially nasty, but it looks like it might recover again.

Archived