Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April 25-28 rolling warmth/severe weather/convection thread

earthlight

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Port Jefferson Village by water--heaven. Temp says 62, down from 70 last hour, but brilliant sun beating easterly breeze kicking in. Brother in law just called from south shore on Sunrise highway and says it's 59 (car temp) with WIPERS on and visibility drastically curtailed. All I see is blue skies here.

Glad the dense fog held off til nightfall here-- it was actually almost as warm as yesterday here and just as humid lol. The afternoon was nice and sunny

Glad the dense fog held off til nightfall here-- it was actually almost as warm as yesterday here and just as humid lol. The afternoon was nice and sunny

Sir, let's get some high but dry heat in here soon. Awesome out, but definitely "dewier" than last years nice April heat.

Sir, let's get some high but dry heat in here soon. Awesome out, but definitely "dewier" than last years nice April heat.

Tell me about it! My house really feels "sticky" when it's humid-- I HATE IT. I turn on the AC just to get it to be less humid lol. My favorite weather is nice west to northwesterly winds with temps in the low 90s and humidity like 20% lol.

Tell me about it! My house really feels "sticky" when it's humid-- I HATE IT. I turn on the AC just to get it to be less humid lol. My favorite weather is nice west to northwesterly winds with temps in the low 90s and humidity like 20% lol.

Agree, our gift from Olympus was last year, and if as some say that more of a 2008 kinda summer is coming all I can think of is sticky and sweaty.

Still totally clear and gorgeous up here in God's Country, Dobbs Ferry NY.

59.9/55

Going outside to plant some green beans, zucchini, and basil. It's that time. Summer will be here soon. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They say that the higher the elevation, the closer you are to God. So yeah you're basically at the Pearl Gates way up your way.

Quite an interesting ride back to Villanova. I left my house with a jacket on, 58F with easterlies and low clouds. Driving west on Rt 33 in Monmouth County, temps slowly rose, through the 60s, then 70F once I reached the turnpike. Clouds broke to brilliant sun shortly thereafter, south on I-95. Then as I headed west on 276 into PA, temps spiked into the low 80s. I felt it getting progresively warmer in the car, and by the time I hit the Villanova exit, it was 84F, and I was damn near breaking a sweat with my jacket on. Had to break down and turn on the A/C in the car for the last 5 minutes of the ride.

It was like driving through seasons...left with a jacket and a chill in the air, back here I've got shorts and a tee on, hot as hell in my room.

They say that the higher the elevation, the closer you are to God. So yeah you're basically at the Pearl Gates way up your way.

Quite an interesting ride back to Villanova. I left my house with a jacket on, 58F with easterlies and low clouds. Driving west on Rt 33 in Monmouth County, temps slowly rose, through the 60s, then 70F once I reached the turnpike. Clouds broke to brilliant sun shortly thereafter, south on I-95. Then as I headed west on 276 into PA, temps spiked into the low 80s. I felt it getting progresively warmer in the car, and by the time I hit the Villanova exit, it was 84F, and I was damn near breaking a sweat with my jacket on. Had to break down and turn on the A/C in the car for the last 5 minutes of the ride.

It was like driving through seasons...left with a jacket and a chill in the air, back here I've got shorts and a tee on, hot as hell in my room.

It got really warm down south...IAD hit 86F today, and they're at 79/59 at 9pm, wow!

This summer feels like we are going to experience the more typical 86/72

It was very typical today of the days in spring where you can literally see a backdoor front cross over you and a bank of fog roll in. It was gorgeous for much of the afternoon here in Long Beach, but by 6PM we were shrouded in thick and dense fog. It hit within a matter of minutes as well, must have rolled right in off the ocean when the SE wind kicked up. This will likely be typical here for the next few days-fog burns off by mid morning and then it rolls back in over Long Island toward late afternoon. The moisture in this airmass is almost oppressive already and it's not hard to build up a dense fog when the seabreeze kicks up and the cold, dense air heads inland.

It was very typical today of the days in spring where you can literally see a backdoor front cross over you and a bank of fog roll in. It was gorgeous for much of the afternoon here in Long Beach, but by 6PM we were shrouded in thick and dense fog. It hit within a matter of minutes as well, must have rolled right in off the ocean when the SE wind kicked up. This will likely be typical here for the next few days-fog burns off by mid morning and then it rolls back in over Long Island toward late afternoon. The moisture in this airmass is almost oppressive already and it's not hard to build up a dense fog when the seabreeze kicks up and the cold, dense air heads inland.

post-880-0-75137600-1303783791.gif

It's really amazing what can happen this time of year when an strong onshore flow takes over. It was 75 here in Kenilworth NJ around 3pm, then the wind shifted and became quite gusty out of the east dropping the temp 15 degrees in a matter of an hour....

It's one of those days where we're thankful for being on the western part of the south shore rather than the eastern part.

Best day of the year coming up today, maybe the best day in ten years.

Best day of the year was January 26, 2011 after getting 18 inches of snow. :weight_lift::devilsmiley: On top of 10 inches already on the ground, giving us a snow depth of 24-30 inches.

Archived