Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April 25-28 rolling warmth/severe weather/convection thread

earthlight

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come your readings are always higher than the observations on your profile?

That ob is the Central Park, which actually is at 68 now. The obs I post are from this PWS, which is closest to my apt and seems to be reasonably accurate:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNYNEWYO51

It is probably about 5 blocks to my east, and being closer to the E River, might still be slightly cooler (a degree or two, depending on wind) than more central areas of the island.

Amazing effects of the water this time of year: last night I went for a late night run to the Hudson. It was probably in the low-mid 60s in the city at the time, but I got to within maybe 30-40 ft of the Hudson in the Hudson River park, and there was a pea-soup thick fog and it couldn't have been more than 55 F. You literally went just a few feet away from this and it was back into the 60s.

That ob is the Central Park, which actually is at 68 now. The obs I post are from this PWS, which is closest to my apt and seems to be reasonably accurate:

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=KNYNEWYO51

It is probably about 5 blocks to my east, and being closer to the E River, might still be slightly cooler (a degree or two, depending on wind) than more central areas of the island.

Amazing effects of the water this time of year: last night I went for a late night run to the Hudson. It was probably in the low-mid 60s in the city at the time, but I got to within maybe 30-40 ft of the Hudson in the Hudson River park, and there was a pea-soup thick fog and it couldn't have been more than 55 F. You literally went just a few feet away from this and it was back into the 60s.

I'll do you one better. Last summer I was down in Brigantine Beach and the temp was in the 90's from the inland all the way to the beach with an offshore flow. Then, the winds shifted in off the ocean for about a minute and the temp dropped so quickly I felt cold. Then the winds shifted back and things recovered quickly. It was early June so the ocean temp was still pretty cold.

I'll do you one better. Last summer I was down in Brigantine Beach and the temp was in the 90's from the inland all the way to the beach with an offshore flow. Then, the winds shifted in off the ocean for about a minute and the temp dropped so quickly I felt cold. Then the winds shifted back and things recovered quickly. It was early June so the ocean temp was still pretty cold.

Yea I'm not used to this having grown up in the interior (in VA, like 3 hours from the ocean). Even when I lived in Philly, I didn't notice that dramatic of a change over literally a few feet.

you are his definition of a warlock

we are bi-winning here...it's in the mid 70s and it feels amazing. short sleeved shirt & shorts.

I bet zucker is donning his Bermuda shorts today

you are my definition of a ***** *** oh wait...

regardless, its not 70's and nice here, its 60's and overcast and I'm stuck inside working because I finished college four years ago, so it could be 85 with bright sunshine and it wouldn't affect my life.

U_Mad_Bro_RE_Do_you_have_to_have_the_last_word-s469x428-137106.jpg

I'm coming to the realization that most people on here could care less about any one particular situation, unless they are directly affected, which is sort of understandable, but the lack of maturity thats been displayed on here is atrocious.

Why people are allowed to post personal attacks on here and get away with it is a whole nother issue, but since the main mod in this forum seems to actually be promoting it, it doesn't help.

I'm coming to the realization that most people on here could care less about any one particular situation, unless they are directly affected, which is sort of understandable, but the lack of maturity thats been displayed on here is atrocious.

Why people are allowed to post personal attacks on here and get away with it is a whole nother issue, but since the main mod in this forum seems to actually be promoting it, it doesn't help.

Dude, nobody posted any personal attacks. We are having a lighthearted conversation in an obs thread.

To be honest you've been teetering on the edge of getting suspended for several weeks now. there have been numerous reports. granted, not lately, but they still exist. so I don't think it's really your place to speak out right now.

Have a nice day dude. and lighten up. just a suggestion.

Dude, nobody posted any personal attacks. We are having a lighthearted conversation in an obs thread.

To be honest you've been teetering on the edge of getting suspended for several weeks now. there have been numerous reports. granted, not lately, but they still exist. so I don't think it's really your place to speak out right now.

Have a nice day dude. and lighten up. just a suggestion.

for whatever reason, I got off to a bad start here, and correctly I was five posted for awhile in January. My posts were constantly being deleted before that and since then, correct me if I'm wrong, I think I've been fine.

you are my definition of a ***** *** oh wait...

regardless, its not 70's and nice here, its 60's and overcast and I'm stuck inside working because I finished college four years ago, so it could be 85 with bright sunshine and it wouldn't affect my life.

LOLZ, its gonna be nice when you aren't around anymore. You're lucky John is such a good guy, another mod would have dumped your ass in one of those rivers that you allege flood all the time months ago.

Archived